• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Beware of jrice73, deadbeat seller, currently ripping me off

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csi

Super Freak
Reaction score
jrice73 sold me a NECA Keaton Batman on July 31st and told me he would ship right away. Messages him on 8/3 too see if he shipped and what tracking was. He replied he was busy and would mail out the next day. Message him again on 8/5 asking again for tracking, got no response even though I could see he had been online a few times since I sent the message. I caught him online 8/6 and asked him to refund me if he hadn't shipped or to provide me with tracking. To my surprise he managed to reply that he did ship and would get me tracking info shortly. That was the last time he responded dispute numerous attempts to contact him and seeing him online private messaging multiple times a day. I have contacted Paypal and filed a dispute and will be contacting authorities where he lives in a few days if he doesn't send me my money back. I post this as a warning to anyone else who may be dealing with him or thinking of dealing with him.

I found this in the feedback thread from 2010:

"Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this but I bought some Medicom Evangelion figures (Asuka, Rei, and Shinji) and a Hot Toys Batman Two-Face from JRice73. His name is Jason Rice and he did have lots of references from this very board. It's been three weeks since he has cashed my money order, and for a while he was responding to a few PMs but he is no longer responding. The last I heard from him was that he was going to send them out early this week. He is not answering any of my e-mails or PMs. I have his mailing address and that is all. If anyone has any other information that I may be able to get in touch with him, I would appreciate it. I feel as though I may have to file mail fraud charges against him and persue civil action. I really don't want to do this but I will do what I have to do. Any help will be appreciated. thanks"

I'm not the only one he is currently ripping off, apparently Spindrift is in the same boat.

Hit him some negative iTrader Feedback.
PayPal will catch up with him.

Too much fraud going down on the board recently.

I Know, I have nothing but positive experience buying in this site. But recently it has been a disaster. I am still giving my seller the benefit of the doubt but once I confirm that I won't receive it I'll post it here too to give everyone a heads up.

Yes I paid for two Neca figures now nothing after five PMs...I am trying to be nice and patience because crap does happen but NO PMs from him AT all!

Thats strange he's not responding. I've only dealt with him once and it was for the Enterbay Robocop 1/4 figure and everything went smooth.

This was about 3 months ago iirc.

This is the problem with allowing anybody to just pay an initiation fee and then begin to sell, it was better when people had to ask for permission to sell after being on the board for a while reading through the threads and posting opinions, people who took the time to actually check out the site and form a name for them selves are the people who actually care. Someone who is going to rip someone off would not spend the energy and time to work up to that point, but there were a few who did unfortunately, hope Dave will do something to change this.

This is the problem with allowing anybody to just pay an initiation fee and then begin to sell, it was better when people had to ask for permission to sell after being on the board for a while reading through the threads and posting opinions, people who took the time to actually check out the site and form a name for them selves are the people who actually care. Someone who is going to rip someone off would not spend the energy and time to work up to that point, but there were a few who did unfortunately, hope Dave will do something to change this.

He had 28 positive feedback and has been a member for almost 6 years, the new board rules have nothing to do with it.

What about the guy who built trust and reputation here for years and has just disappeared with around $20,000 of members cash?

Where is the best place to look at peoples feedback when buying from other members?

Knew the name was familiar, I gave him quite a glowingly positive feedback for buying my Batpod.

I take a more restrained approach to my wording in feedback now than I did then.

Back