BEWARE NEWS OUTLETS, Spoiling Batman Inc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Batman Inc was ignoring New 52 continuity (if you can call the New 52 "continuity") and just doing its own thing... guess not?

Nope. Because next month Damian is dead in ALL the Bat books and there will be fall out there and in other DC books as well.

Here's the cover to Batman #18:

enhanced-buzz-wide-9074-1362069067-5.jpg

Batman #18 Variant:
enhanced-buzz-wide-16321-1362066221-16.jpg

Batgirl #18:
enhanced-buzz-wide-19689-1362066109-13.jpg

Rest can be seen here: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/28/when-dcs-batbook-covers-gently-weep/

I wish they kept the bird on all the covers it worked well in the two it was used

What is beyond stupid is they kill him off AFTER the Death of the Family storyline. That is when he should have been killed. Playing that out with Joker would have been a far better move IMO.

No surprised Inc was sold out around town yesterday. Obviously nobody was surprised by what happened in the issue :lol

Obviously, Morrison wanted to be the one to kill him off in his own book on his own terms. And while it's part of continuity (which is weird in itself) BATMAN INC. is Morrison's baby, not Snyder & co. And it was not part of "Death of The Family".

Well they shouldn't have let him :lol Way to hype up an event called DEATH of the Family only to end up with no death, but have a death a month later in totally separate story :duh

Yeah, I know. But Morrison pretty much has carte blanche. They were dumb to make BATMAN INC. part of the New 52 contunuity in the first place.

They were dumbing making Batman Inc period :lol

Just seems to me if he wanted to be able to kill of Damian, he should have been working on Batman & Robin instead. Its like killing off Superman in an issue of Swamp Thing. At least kill of the character in his main book. I'm sure there are plenty of B&R readers that don' buy Inc to begin with.

I guess it doesn't really matter though with Lazarus Pits running in his family, he'll be back soon enough despite what they say. Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben :lol

Nobody stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben :lol

lol, this is so true! Didnt Gwen Stacey and Harvey Osborn die for good too? Maybe its only in the Spidey universe. Can't really add Doc Oc / Peter (whichever way you want to look at it) to that yet.

Well, having just read the issue in question, I think it was a big batch of 'meh'. I will give it the benefit of the doubt because I haven't read this series, but I just can't follow the way Morrison writes. Batman has never made sense since he started writing it. I'll just assume I'm a simpleton and not smart enough to grasp all his intricacies as a writer. Also, the art was 'meh' as well, I don't like Quitely, and having a guy ape Quitely's style is worse.

I agree that I do not like Morrison's writing style. I can never follow his story line. It just makes no sense to me and is extremely confusin. When its that confusing, its just not enjoyable to read. His current Action Comics run is a perfect example of confusing the heck out of a simple story.

Back