Beware Chi-Guy 1980 Fraudster!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fins

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Traded my Enterbay 1/4 Joker for his Batman DX12. Shipped him my Joker on the day he asked it to be shipped and he received it within four days. He promised to ship the DX12 on the same day I shipped the Joker, but he kept making excuses such as he was out of town on business or had family matters to take care of. He finally emailed me to say that he had shipped the DX12, but when I emailed him back for the tracking number he didn't reply. Kept asking him for the tracking number about twenty times, but he won't even reply to my emails anymore. Just giving you a warning about doing any transactions with him.

Mail fraud bro! They prosecute for that **** now a days. I agree, checking feedback is a must, but its still scamming, and thats illegal.
Go **** on his day with a opened mail fraud case!

Traded my Enterbay 1/4 Joker for his Batman DX12. Shipped him my Joker on the day he asked it to be shipped and he received it within four days. He promised to ship the DX12 on the same day I shipped the Joker, but he kept making excuses such as he was out of town on business or had family matters to take care of. He finally emailed me to say that he had shipped the DX12, but when I emailed him back for the tracking number he didn't reply. Kept asking him for the tracking number about twenty times, but he won't even reply to my emails anymore. Just giving you a warning about doing any transactions with him.

Sorry to hear this man. :mad:

It sucks what happened and I hope you can get some resolution on this, but in the future if you're dealing with someone you don't trust 100%, DO NOT TRADE straight up. Agree on a reasonable buy price and you each buy the object you want.

Example: He paypals you $350, you ship out Joker. You then return paypal him $350 and he ships out the DX12. If someone withholds at any time, they can just have Paypal refund the cash. Yes, you'll rack up a few bucks in Paypal fees, but its much better than having someone rip you off. This works when you have objects plus cash on one side as well, just adjust one of the Paypal payments to represent the extra cash added in.

I never believed in Trades unless it's face to face in safe public areas.

Since it's hard to proof the item was yours compared to money transaction where you have paypal records or at least bank in receipts.

It's equally risky whether you are trading figures, cars or other valuables. Even if you receive it there is no guarantee the condition is good.

Sorry to hear this man. :mad:

It sucks what happened and I hope you can get some resolution on this, but in the future if you're dealing with someone you don't trust 100%, DO NOT TRADE straight up. Agree on a reasonable buy price and you each buy the object you want.

Example: He paypals you $350, you ship out Joker. You then return paypal him $350 and he ships out the DX12. If someone withholds at any time, they can just have Paypal refund the cash. Yes, you'll rack up a few bucks in Paypal fees, but its much better than having someone rip you off. This works when you have objects plus cash on one side as well, just adjust one of the Paypal payments to represent the extra cash added in.

Or don't trade. Especially with a dude with 0 feedback. Lesson
Learned I suppose.

Not only zero feedback, but joined the forums one month ago. Damn dude this sucks, but you should have known you were entering a huge risk deal.

Did he approached you for a trade? Because new members don't have access to the commerce section.

How many days has it passed since he 'sent' the figure?

Getting ripped off sucks and it's never deserved.

But... as others have said, I'm sure it's now appreciated that this was a high-risk transaction and lesson learned. Decent, trusting people often have to learn a similarly hard lesson at some point in their lives. Sorry this had to be yours Fin :(

One month membership, no feedback .... I'm not even sure its a scam at that point.

You basically just decided to send a random dude on the internet something for free....

Did he approached you for a trade? Because new members don't have access to the commerce section.

How many days has it passed since he 'sent' the figure?

Yeah, I'd be curious to hear this too. How did he know you were looking for one?

Anyway, I was approched by someone who wanted an expensive figure from me but he had only been here 2 month and of course no feedback. I told him the only way I'd feel comfortable doing it was if he payed as gift. I didn't hear back from him. Of course that doesn't mean anything. My point is I felt I had been here long enough at this point with enough feedback and posts that I could ask this from someone who wanted something from me who was new with no feed back OR posts. :lol Probably should have asked him to send his first,Fin. But, oh well, lesson learned. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Hey fins,SORRY to hear that bro!I remember back in May he was hittin the Enterbay Batman and Joker threads writing about he was up for a trade and how he missed those two figures.I think it was his DX11 & 12 for the two EB 1/4 figures and i think someone even wrote why not sell the two HT figures.If you're from the US like he is then you can file a mailfraud charge on him.You have his address so just call up his local PD and F up his day!GOOD LUCK!^_^

People with zero feedback, always ask to send first or provide feedback from ebay account or other forums. I rarely do trades though. Sucks this happens to you man but I guess you just gotta move on, lesson learned.

Honestly, trades should just be banned outright.

Buy from each other, trading dollars through Paypal. Pay the fees and don't whine about it.

Do it as a 'gift' if you must. Lesser known, lesser rep person goes first.

In that situation you pray to Jesus and ask what he would do. Would Jesus still trade or would Jesus stick to sale-only items or would he do something else entirely? Prayer will answer that question.

Back