Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say this show is no Breaking Bad. I wasn't thrilled with season 1 and the first episode of season 2 was quite underwhelming. I give it two more episodes to grab my interest and if it doesn't... I'm out. Too many good shows to waste my time on this really slow moving plodding plot.

On the good side, I like Odenkirk and love the way it's shot.

I gotta say this show is no Breaking Bad. I wasn't thrilled with season 1 and the first episode of season 2 was quite underwhelming. I give it two more episodes to grab my interest and if it doesn't... I'm out. Too many good shows to waste my time on this really slow moving plodding plot.

This show is phenomenal...period...no such thing as too slow when great quality is present

I would definitely not say phenomenal. Vince Gilligan is an incredible storyteller but Saul is very slow and really drags time out.

This show is phenomenal...period...no such thing as too slow when great quality is present

Its absolutely phenomenal.

Loved Kim's foreboding line to Jimmy of "I can never know about these things you do." My guess is he will partake in something far more criminal than fabricating evidence for Mike's moron drug dealer client and she will find out - leading to the breakup. I'm thinking the show will end with Gene/Jimmy in the present leaving Nebraska and seeking out Kim who probably thinks he's dead.

Jimmy asks his brother Chuck... what are you doing here? I love Chuck's reply...to bear witness. You just know Chuck is waiting for Jimmy to revert to type again. What great and subtle writing. I love this show.

Anyone catch tonight's episode? Intense. I just love this show I still need to pick up Season one on Blu-Ray.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I sort of thought maybe sandpiper was going to hire mike to wack jimmy.....just the way they were sort of bouncing back and forth between the two of them.

oh I wouldn't expect him to do it. just end up maybe saving him or something since he knows he's a good guy, but having to off a drug dealing scum he'd be down for. It would prove his loyalty to Saul for future business such as in BrBa.

Doesn't matter now as it's obviously not the case. Show is getting damn good though and I thought it was great already. I don't get how people think this is boring and a waste of time.

I would definitely not say phenomenal. Vince Gilligan is an incredible storyteller but Saul is very slow and really drags time out.

U guys seem to forget how many brBa episodes were slow and the pace was slow..
People tend to remember the edgy episodes of brBa but there were plenty episodes that were slower than this show.

I think the problem is that brBa was more epic. The stakes in brBa were higher, it was more serious.
But besides the tone I think the shows are similar in how slow burning they both are.

The Plot of this show might not be as epic but it is entertaining

I remember I didn't really get "fully" invested in Breaking Bad until Tuco Salamanca showed, and Walter said "This...is not meth...." BOOM!!!! It was definitely slow before then, and there were other slow episodes where I found myself just waiting for things to pick up but they never did til the end, but that doesn't mean as a whole the series wasn't enjoyable. Just gotta be patient. :wink:

Back