Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was Anna Gunn (Skyler) in this past episode as the waitress pouring the drinks? Looked exactly like her to me.

Didn't anyone catch the explanation of the light switch on Talking Saul? I stepped away and missed that bit. I have a theory on the symbolism of it and just wanted to see if the segment that aired about it confirms it or not.

Did the tape have writing on it? I couldn't tell.

So glad to have this show back.

Personally, I saw the light switch as him disobeying authority or rules. Like Jimmy is going to defy rules, laws and stuff. Sort of the opposite of the beginning of the episode where Gene is afraid to go through the emergency exit which also has a warning sign. It kind of juxtaposes the two sides of his character in the past and future.

Yeah, but he did scratch 'SG was here' on the wall while he sat there waiting. The warning on the door was a reminder of the threat authority represented (I'm sure he avoids police like the plague), but the small act of vandalism was an act of rebellion. Just like the light switch.

I did get around to watching this on Monday but due to a storm over here I only watched half of it so yesterday I rewatched it and I love it. I think this season is going to be very good and I forgot Ken was in Breaking Bad. All in all great start to the season.

Didn't anyone catch the explanation of the light switch on Talking Saul? I stepped away and missed that bit. I have a theory on the symbolism of it and just wanted to see if the segment that aired about it confirms it or not.

I loved last nights episode.

Personally, I saw the light switch as him disobeying authority or rules. Like Jimmy is going to defy rules, laws and stuff. Sort of the opposite of the beginning of the episode where Gene is afraid to go through the emergency exit which also has a warning sign. It kind of juxtaposes the two sides of his character in the past and future.

Did the tape have writing on it? I couldn't tell.

So glad to have this show back.

Finally had a chance to see the season premiere last night as well as Talking Saul. Both Gilligan and Gould explained it as Difabio said.

When Hardwick asked what the switch actually did, they didn't have an actual answer. Gilligan said he thinks that flipping this switch causes "a man somewhere to die".

Tape did have writing on it, something along the lines of "Leave switch on. Do not turn off".

Yep. I kind of shook my head when I saw it on the program guide, but the show works (at least this first episode did, as the guests were show creators Gould and Gilligan, along with Odenkirk and the actress that plays Kim EDIT: Rhea Seehorn...I know there have been a few Talking Dead episodes that had some cringe-worthy guests).

The title doesn't though...okay, "Talking Dead" is a play on "Walking Dead", "Talking Bad" sort of made sense...but "Talking Saul"? :lol

Hardwick said that one of the possible titles was "Recall Saul", but they went with "Talking Saul", for continuity, I guess.

So glad to have this show back. Even when not much is going on (like when he's locked in that room in the beginning), you just want to keep watching.

I'm not sure if it's going to be on every week. Hardwick mentioned that they'd be back for the finale, but he wasn't sure how many more times the show would air during the season.

Talking Saul will only follow the season premiere and finale, at least for this year. I was worried it would be a regular thing, I don't really think BCS lends itself to the format.

Fantastic premiere.

Really hope this show gets at least five seasons. Its just a joy to watch Odenkirk consume every frame he's in.

Back