Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What city is it?

Also, the opening black & white, that's his "new identity" following the events of Breaking Bad?

Albuquerque. The b&w scenes are after he takes off in BB. That takes place in Omaha, although I'm fairly certain the Cinnabon scenes take place at Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque. That mall interior looks very familiar.

Albuquerque. The b&w scenes are after he takes off in BB. That takes place in Omaha, although I'm fairly certain the Cinnabon scenes take place at Cottonwood Mall in Albuquerque. That mall interior looks very familiar.

Cool. Probably so. They always film on location wherever they are stationed and cheat it all the time to save time and money for traveling unless absolutely necessary (specific landmarks).

I'm trying to watch closely and take notes of subtle BrBa references and nods. :wink1:

Quick Question..... We're about half way through BB for the first time.... Is this safe to watch or does it contain any massive spoilers?

I don't think there are really any spoilers, right guys? The cameos I think you've already met thus far in the first 2 or 3 seasons I think right? Someone please confirm or deny, I don't want to spoil anything :lol

Only spoiler is the flashforward at the beginning. Shows you where Saul ends up after Breaking Bad. Doesn't mention Walt or anyone else, though. Just Goodman. And, it doesn't tell you why or how he got where he is ... it just shows what his post-BB life looks like.

Fairly mild spoiler, at best. We're only to the last half of Season 4 of Breaking Bad, and, unless I missed something, nothing I haven't seen was spoiled except that flashforward.

SnakeDoc

So I was trying to remember and it wasn't coming to me - did Walt meet Tuco through Saul, or Saul through Tuco?

I thought Walt met both Saul and Tuco through Jesse. Tuco first, when they're trying to find a distributor (Jesse was introduced to Tuco by Skinny Pete, I think). Saul later, when they're trying to get one of their dealers out of jail.

I don't recall BB even acknowledging that Saul and Tuco knew each other.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Skinny Pete knew Tuco. He intro'd Jesse and Tuco. Tuco beat the **** out of Jesse and Walt went and met him and blew up his office. Saul isn't even on the show at that point. After Tuco dies, Jesse has to sling the product himself and when Badgers arrested, Saul gets intro'd.

I hope we get to see Hector again. Looks like Tuco takes Saul out to a desert in the previews. It'd be cool if it's out where his Tio is.

So far, nothing feels shoehorned. I love how they didn't treat Mike like anything other than a random side character who only cares about a sticker. If it were Walking Dead, we'd have this gimmicky, blatant establishing shot of Mike like, "hey, guess who it is guys, it's Mike!!" Sort of what the Hobbit and Prequels do with the things we already know.

That episode had a great flow and felt natural, like all this stuff actually predates Breaking Bad. The only thing I'm not sure of is the opening title and theme. Doesn't really do anything for me yet.

Last edited:
I hope we get to see Hector again. Looks like Tuco takes Saul out to a desert in the previews. It'd be cool if it's out where his Tio is.

So far, nothing feels shoehorned. I love how they didn't treat Mike like anything other than a random side character who only cares about a sticker. If it were Walking Dead, we'd have this gimmicky, blatant establishing shot of Mike like, "hey, guess who it is guys, it's Mike!!" Sort of what the Hobbit and Prequels do with the things we already know.

That episode had a great flow and felt natural, like all this stuff actually predates Breaking Bad. The only thing I'm not sure of is the opening title and theme. Doesn't really do anything for me yet.

Yeah, I did think that was kind of weird, with the digital clock font and colors and stuff.....

Agree 100% man

Sounding very positive :rock

Will get to check it out for myself on Thursday evening :panic:

I actually think it's decent. It does a lot of great things, my only issue is that it's riding the coattails of Breaking Bad. I mean **** look at the average ratings. No offense but this show, atm, is probably an 8 out 10 for me, right now.

It was good, but only the last five minutes were entertaining. I know it's only the pilot, but I expected more from Vince Gilligan.

Loved it, myself. Really happy that it already has its own identity and doesn't feel like a sadsack version of Breaking Bad. Looking forward to more.

Back