Better Call Saul

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was skeptical at first but now that i know Vince Gilligan is passionate about it i think this will be great.
IMO walt's story is the greatest story of all time and this will not even be on the same level
but still i think it will be awesome to see more of the breaking bad universe.

Now that Breaking Bad is over, Vince Gilligan is ready to move onto other pastures, even if those other pastures are a prequel spin-off to his AMC hit centered around fan favorite sleazy lawyer Saul Goodman.Gilligan recently sat down with the Hollywood Reporter and dished on where the upcoming AMC show currently called*Better Call Saul (named after actor Bob Odenkirk’s ubiquitous catch phrase) is headed.“We’re both one-hour drama guys,” Gilligan said of himself and fellow writer Peter Gould who originally conceived of the show as a half hour sitcom. “So we figured, ‘Why not shoot Saul in the same way?’ Let’s shoot it in Albuquerque, let’s get as much of the crew back together as possible, and let’s do it the way we did it before so that it will be of a piece with that pre-existing fictional universe that we had so much fun creating.”The show will most likely be film in an office-type setting but will have a much lighter and more comedic tone than its predecessor.As for if anyone from Breaking Bad would be making cameos, Gilligan teased, “Personally, I’d have a hard time resisting putting all these guys in for a cameo or two every now and then.”A statement which makes us immensely happy considering Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have already expressed interest in reprising their roles.He also revealed in the interview that had AMC passed on the show, Netflix WGN America and FX were waiting in the wings ready to buy.Better Call Saul is currently slated to air sometime between August and October and at least for the first season, Gilligan will have a heavy hand in the writer’s room.

......... :yess:

Last edited:
A better response would have been, "who is Teddy?"

That's what the real Heisenberg would say.

I thought this would never get green-lighted but :yess: :yess:

This is gonna be fun. I would love to see a desperate Saul bumping into Walt some time in the show and constantly bugging him to avail his services including even taking care of any 'shady' business.

Also more Mike please! :yess:

Yes! If this gets us Mike back, I am all in.
:exactly: :goodpost:

Id kinda like BCS to actually move from Prequel to contemporaneous to sequel of BrBa. Start before, end after

Id kinda like BCS to actually move from Prequel to contemporaneous to sequel of BrBa. Start before, end after

I would totally watch a show about Bob Odenkirk managing a Cinnabon in Omaha. I'm not even joking right now; that **** would be amazing.:lol

I would totally watch a show about Bob Odenkirk managing a Cinnabon in Omaha. I'm not even joking right now; that **** would be amazing.:lol

in a way i think it would do Breaking Bad a disservice to make a comedic sequel with saul all jokey & what not. i don't think saul was the same person after dealing with walt especially with the gravity of the ending. would he still have snappy quips...........sure but i think that experience would completely change his persona or dim his humor to a large degree.
i would much rather see how saul becomes saul, though like wake mentioned would be cool for a final episode or 2 see where saul did land after the BB finale. eh, my two cents.

file.jpg

"Better Call Saul" premieres in November.

https://insidetv.ew.com/2014/01/11/mad-men-final-season-premiere-date/

Back