BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks great. what doors are those, and what did it cost?

Thanks!

I went with the Sindvik doors. $25 each.
Besta, 2 shelves, 3 hinges and 3 doors for a total of $185. I had the Glassvik doors on my list but they were $45 each. Maybe down the road.

I'm not 100% sure that I got the right Besta shelf though. Mainly because when I see other collections, there appeares to be more head room, but I'm ok with this unit.

I'm not 100% sure that I got the right Besta shelf though. Mainly because when I see other collections, there appeares to be more head room, but I'm ok with this unit.

There's only really 3 kinds of BESTA shelves, the single unit, double (wide and tall) and triple (wide and tall). People usually just adjust the shelves to create more room. Anyways, welcome to the club! Looks nice. :duff:

There's only really 3 kinds of BESTA shelves, the single unit, double (wide and tall) and triple (wide and tall). People usually just adjust the shelves to create more room. Anyways, welcome to the club! Looks nice. :duff:

Thank you! Now I wish they made a slightly bigger Besta to house my Hulk vs Wolverine maquette. I don't really want to go the Pax route.

Do you have in it hand? I thought it might fit if you angle it a little bit, but wasn't sure.

I do have it in hand and it kind of fits. Needs a little more depth. Wolverine sticks out a little bit. I'm still going to try some different angles over the weekend.

bf21b13d6a435e2a96748b4406181e3b.jpg

4608cebd09f8ccba3fe6fa2f66043fdb.jpg

33d51ec6693b76b18abea1c9549f9b87.jpg

338dbfb3b0b9e42a57e95c65160b53d0.jpg

I just replaced the lights in my best a with these led strips I purchased off of eBay. They also came with a remote that had multiple color options

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bf21b13d6a435e2a96748b4406181e3b.jpg

4608cebd09f8ccba3fe6fa2f66043fdb.jpg

33d51ec6693b76b18abea1c9549f9b87.jpg

338dbfb3b0b9e42a57e95c65160b53d0.jpg

I just replaced the lights in my best a with these led strips I purchased off of eBay. They also came with a remote that had multiple color options

Those look nice. I'm just getting started on my Besta and haven't decided on lighting yet. I prefer a cool white led, maybe a dimmer, not sure I need multiple colors. Can you post a link to the listing or seller or key words to search for.

Do you have any pics of how it fits into the BESTA and how much is jutting out?

I'll have to take some in the next day or two. Currently the centerpiece on my dining room table. Basically the Besta needs about 5 more inches of depth. The height is ok but Wolverine and his right arm/claw stick out the cube rendering the door useless.
I think I've decided to go the Pax route. I'd like to go with the unit that is 29 inches wide and not 39 but I'm not finding the shelves for it.

5ac275a918b265b08c87489a4b9a55e2.jpg

81cd1c266f102f0bdad43e4ce5758d60.jpg

This is the exact one I purchased and the item number.

I'll have to take some in the next day or two. Currently the centerpiece on my dining room table. Basically the Besta needs about 5 more inches of depth. The height is ok but Wolverine and his right arm/claw stick out the cube rendering the door useless.
I think I've decided to go the Pax route. I'd like to go with the unit that is 29 inches wide and not 39 but I'm not finding the shelves for it.

Try using a Stuva from IKEA, basically its the same as a Besta but with 10cm more depth.

Guys, I'm having a display hiccup. Will post details tomorrow, but I need you guys to chime in and give me some advice!!! Details soon...

A couple noob questions for you all (I love what I've seen so far in this thread)...

1) I really like the look of the double- and triple-stacked black Besta cabinets. Is the most common choice the Sindvik black-brown 60x40x64 cm size, "shelf unit with glass door?"

Like this: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59047642/#/S59047642

2) What's the preferred method for securing them to each other when stacked?

Thanks!

Back