BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another noob question: Can the average Hot Toy fit in the Besta 15" frame? I'm assuming the frames about an inch thick on top and bottom, so maybe 13" of space inside?
Someone just posted a photo of their collection with different hot toys figures placed inside a besta. Like 4 posts before you...

I think he means the 15" shelves, slightly shorter in height than the 25"? I think those are? I believe they will fit and do show up, I plan on organizing my shelves that way, where two displays will be seen through a 15" door, possibly my BR and DX11 Joker with their background displays.

Yes, dw316, I'm looking at doing something like this:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19085952/
I'm going to use the 25.25" (height) frames for the sides and bottom but may have to use the 15" (H) frames for the top row. I have a vaulted ceiling but Im not sure I want to put 25" frames on top, it might look odd. Come to think of it Sindvik doors on a 15" frame won't leave much viewing room for a 1/6 figure.

Hello all,

I have just started collecting some sideshow PFF and Statues and per this thread I went and bought some Besta shelves. My collection so far consists of Catwoman PFF, Lady Death PFF, Red Sonja PFF and a Skelator Statue. I also have Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and Darth Maul 1/6 figures. So I know this thread is long but I was wondering if anyone had some lighting ideas for the Besta shelves. Battery operated would be nice but not a must have. I'm sure there are ideas throughout this thread but it's a lot to look through.

Yes, dw316, I'm looking at doing something like this:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19085952/
I'm going to use the 25.25" (height) frames for the sides and bottom but may have to use the 15" (H) frames for the top row. I have a vaulted ceiling but Im not sure I want to put 25" frames on top, it might look odd. Come to think of it Sindvik doors on a 15" frame won't leave much viewing room for a 1/6 figure.

shelve size wise, it would barely fit, but Glassvik and Sindvik do have 2 inches thick border that would obstruct the view to much (it's not a problem for 60 cm, you have plenty of view room.)

Quick photo of the beginnings of my display.

IMG_8880.jpg

So I'm starting a crazy Besta build solely focused at displaying 1/6 vehicles (currently have the '89 Batmobile, Tumbler and Delorean, but I have a custom 66 Batmobile being made, and presumably will pick up Ecto-1 and BvS Batmobile if it gets released). It involves 2 back to back triple TV unit Bestas acting as a base, and then 4 Vittsjo glass coffee tables sitting on top. I've measured it out and tested the stability and I think it will work. Will post pics next week.

So I'm starting a crazy Besta build solely focused at displaying 1/6 vehicles (currently have the '89 Batmobile, Tumbler and Delorean, but I have a custom 66 Batmobile being made, and presumably will pick up Ecto-1 and BvS Batmobile if it gets released). It involves 2 back to back triple TV unit Bestas acting as a base, and then 4 Vittsjo glass coffee tables sitting on top. I've measured it out and tested the stability and I think it will work. Will post pics next week.

Can't wait to see this! And a custom 66 Batmobile!?!? That's just crazy talk... right? :panic:

So I've just installed my LED lights strips. They make the IKEA dioders look really dull. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade the lot!
66dd1bd4876e46d36bf4dee227328702.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look of the new white LED lights. Can you provide the info about which ones they are and where to buy them? Thanks

I think the they discontinued the dioder strip lights at ikea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

IMG_0265.jpg

Phase 1 of this project is complete. I still need to get acrylic siding for the Vittsjo coffee tables and clear off some dust on the cars, but you can see where i'm going with it. Will post more pics in a few weeks when it's done.

Hey guys. Any of you got the amazing spiderman pf in a besta with this measurement: Frame, black-brown, 23 5/8x15 3/4x25 1/4 ? Tnx pics pls[emoji51]

Hey guys. Any of you got the amazing spiderman pf in a besta with this measurement: Frame, black-brown, 23 5/8x15 3/4x25 1/4 ? Tnx pics pls[emoji51]

It doesn't fit in a stand-alone BESTA, you need a double or triple. You need that extra notch since he's a tall statue.

DSC02785.jpg

Back