BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the go to LED lightning for Besta's now? I have the older IKEA leds and had to return the new yellowish ones so I'm short on led strips

Which are the thinnest frame glass Besta doors?? I have sandvik now but frame is two thick!!! Thanks!!!

Does anyone have a picture of a besta with 3 vaslik black glass doors (or whatever they're called

I have my first PF arriving next month.
Without doing too much back research, I'm looking at the Besta frame(23 5/8x15 3/4x75 5/8). I'm assuming I will need to pick up 2 or 3 shelves? Will the pegs be provided with the shelves or frame? Or do I need to purchase separately?
Will I need to pick up the Stubbarp legs?
Which doors work best with the Besta?
Lastly, I'd like to avoid the wired led lights, so any suggestions on overhead tap lights?
Thanks for the help!

I believe you'll have to buy the shelves separately. The pegs come with the shelves. The shelves/pegs are about $10 each.

I don't like the legs - nor use them. We have wood floors. They don't look good, IMO. If you have carpet - the legs would be better for stability.

In terms of doors, go Sindvik or Glassvik. I use Sindik

I don't use lights, so I'm not much help there, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

I believe you'll have to buy the shelves separately. The pegs come with the shelves. The shelves/pegs are about $10 each.

I don't like the legs - nor use them. We have wood floors. They don't look good, IMO. If you have carpet - the legs would be better for stability.

In terms of doors, go Sindvik or Glassvik. I use Sindik

I don't use lights, so I'm not much help there, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Thanks for the help. My media room is carpeted so I'll probably pick up legs.

You don't need legs imo if you're anchoring the Besta unit to the wall, which you should be doing if it's the tallest option.

I'm having a *%$# of a time figuring out what to buy now with the color change they made to the Bestas. Been checking Craigslist every few days, hoping to see one of the older white ones go up for sale. I don't want mismatched colors, but I need another case for displaying statues in.

Argh. Ikea, I love you, but I wish you didn't change and/or discontinue stuff so often.

If anyone is in long island, i will be getting rid of 3 double bestas with glass doors in White. Looks like these...not my actual pic!
I also have the Media centrer Stand with glass top, glass tops for all bestas and one or two of the bridge pieces from the besta line. Please let me know if any interest and we can take it from there.

23464566154_bb25136713_b.jpg

Attachments

• 24504937896_034fcb6784_b.jpg
    24504937896_034fcb6784_b.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 451
Does Ikea ever do sales around the US Holidays? I was going to get a 75 inch frame with shelves/doors but figured if they do sales I should probably wait a few weeks.

Back