BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest dilemma is, matching the two bestas with glassviks I currently own. I have more PFs inbound and needed the additional besta w/glassviks to match. I found ONE glassvik on ebay... $70 pick up only in Ca. so that's a fail.

Anyone got any suggestions, other than stripping the current glassviks and having open bestas?

I'm assuming you aren't in the U.S. right? Our Ikea still has the glassviks in stock online. It sucks that they can't keep their product available for all countries.

I'm actually doing open bestas for my DC PFs simply because of how huge they are, there is no telling if upcoming PFs will let the shelf/door line up evenly. We already know Sinestro and Lobo won't line up, Superman and Batman barely do, and I bet if they do Killer Croc he probably wouldn't even come close to lining up.

I'm assuming you aren't in the U.S. right? Our Ikea still has the glassviks in stock online. It sucks that they can't keep their product available for all countries.

I'm actually doing open bestas for my DC PFs simply because of how huge they are, there is no telling if upcoming PFs will let the shelf/door line up evenly. We already know Sinestro and Lobo won't line up, Superman and Batman barely do, and I bet if they do Killer Croc he probably wouldn't even come close to lining up.

I am, Florida. Site says you can buy but on check out it says not in stock.
I hope the rep wasn't referring to Florida only. They never suggested another state making it sound like theyre all gone.

I am, Florida. Site says you can buy but on check out it says not in stock.
I hope the rep wasn't referring to Florida only. They never suggested another state making it sound like theyre all gone.

Thats weird. Its probably like that for everyone then, unless they are just basing it on whats in stock at your local distribution center. I'm assuming you've checked at your closest Ikea? I've noticed with mine they sometimes have stuff in stock in the store when online it lists my store as not having it.

Thats weird. Its probably like that for everyone then, unless they are just basing it on whats in stock at your local distribution center. I'm assuming you've checked at your closest Ikea? I've noticed with mine they sometimes have stuff in stock in the store when online it lists my store as not having it.

Went to local, then checked the other 3 in the state... nothing.

I posted in WTB, Glassviks if anyone decides to part with theirs.

Last edited:
If you want I'm going there today to check. Send me a PM of what you want and I'll grab what I can. Just pay shipping etc.

Im in Australia and got this reply from Ikea on their facebook page:
"There is a new range of GLASSVIK doors arriving to replace the old ones, and they will be able to be fitted to the current BESTA units using either the old hinges"

I think thats good i guess? just dont know what they look like.

"There is a new range of GLASSVIK doors arriving to replace the old ones, and they will be able to be fitted to the current BESTA units using either the old hinges"

Hmmm. :impatient:

Hmm, I feel a little better. Not sure what was wrong with the original glassvik

Have any of you had issues acquiring INREDA light strips? My store hasn't had them in stock for nearly a month, and now they are showing up as unavailable online.:(

Have any of you had issues acquiring INREDA light strips? My store hasn't had them in stock for nearly a month, and now they are showing up as unavailable online.:(
Mine still has a lot, but I noticed there are 2 versions now. The plug is different on both, and one seems to favor more yellow spectrum of light than white.

Mine still has a lot, but I noticed there are 2 versions now. The plug is different on both, and one seems to favor more yellow spectrum of light than white.

Can you tell which one has the white version prior to purchasing ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Can you tell which one has the white version prior to purchasing ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I don't have mine in front of me but I'll try to check for you when I get back. I know there's one with a product number that starts with 1#### and the newer one is with a 2#### I believe. The one with the smaller plug is the less yellow one, but compared to the ones I got earlier last year, it still has a slight yellowish tint unfortunately.

my store only has the 14 inch inreda available. need both 14 and 22inch...so passed for now. there is a sign right above them saying "we are working on something new, check back later" or something to that extent. so i would assume a newly name product with slight changes is coming

hey guys, first post so i can share some stuff. i was pretty bummed when i went to pick up some more bestas before the sale was over. i couldn't find the glassvik doors to match what i already had (black, clear glass). all they had left was black, smoked glass. i asked the guy and he confirmed that they were discontinued. i actually asked a few people, and they all knew about it and told me the same thing.

i then decided to ask one last person before i left to see if they were able to order some for me or order from another store (which they don't do). the only store that had any showing stock in the u.s. was in kansas. but he did give me this piece of info...

they are able to see what the item is being replaced with. although it's not updated in their system yet, so you can't see a picture of it, their scanner is able to tell the item number that is replacing the current glassvik. so here is the item number that is replacing the black, clear glass door: 302.916.58

he said to check back around april because that is when it is expected to reset. hope this helps as this thread has helped me with ideas for my display!

"discontinued" doesn't mean they won't have it or something nearly identical in stock again. If they change any detail about the product, including moving to a different supplier and production process, they might change the item number - which means the old number is retired and "discontinued" - happens regularly, happened last year with Detolf.

Which shelf is better?

STUVA Frame, white,*23 5/8x19 5/8x75 5/8 "

or

BESTÅ Shelf unit, white,*23 5/8x15 3/4x75 5/8 "

I want something to fit my big status and collectibles. I also don't want to spend a fortune either. I like the stuva because I heard besta glass fits on it.

I'm just trying to get my first show room set up and it's very difficult. Other than the fact that I'm very inexperienced in this, the discontinued glass such as the tombo and now the glassvik are killing me

I also want to go to home Depot and buy some acrylic. Hopefully I can create a custom case for one of my collectibles.

Which shelf is better?

STUVA Frame, white,*23 5/8x19 5/8x75 5/8 "

or

BESTÅ Shelf unit, white,*23 5/8x15 3/4x75 5/8 "

I want something to fit my big status and collectibles. I also don't want to spend a fortune either. I like the stuva because I heard besta glass fits on it.

I'm just trying to get my first show room set up and it's very difficult. Other than the fact that I'm very inexperienced in this, the discontinued glass such as the tombo and now the glassvik are killing me

A Stuva cabinet has more depth, so it will be able to fit slightly deeper statues (or you might be able to place more on a shelf) that won't fit in a Besta. Same height, same width but deeper, if you have no objection to a white colored cabinet: Stuva > Besta.
For huge statues Pax seems to be the only option, but as you probably heard they require modding and seperate acrylic panels (which you have to source elsewhere) to fit doors. Another slight downside, a Pax shelf max weight capacity is 20 kg compared to Besta's 30 kg.

Then again you could get a 2 x 1 or 2 x 2 Stuva/Besta. Fit the 'normal' statues inside and place the larger ones on top.
Regarding price, the doors are the expensive part. The cabinets are cheap (Ikea!). I have seem a couple amazing doorless collections here, nothing wrong with that.

Back