BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A slight bend in a particle board shelf isn't much to worry about. When loading the shelves just make sure the weight is distributed. If you put 20lbs right in the middle, over time it's going to bend, no question about it. Reinforcing with an metal angle bracket from above or below is an easy fix or preventative measure if you're worried.

What is the name and the article of this glass shelfs in the middle ? Cant find them in my local Ikea shop .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421968329.379075.jpg

If anyone in the Austin/surrounding area needs extra besta shelves, just hit me up. I have 1 billion of them. Free.

looks like the glassvik doors have been discontinued. just tried to get a few besta units and doors for my new house but the doors are no longer in stock. they said to wait for the revamp in a few months. guess my guys will have to stay in their cardboard prison a little while longer

Inreda, Extra Shelf - $10

Actually the one in that photo looks like the 6" deep Inreda which was only $5 here in Canada - but now seems no longer to be listed on the site. Glad I bought a stack of them a couple of months ago or I wouldn't have been able to finish off my diecast display shelf (10 of those Inreda shelves total)

Never mind, once you click on the link you can select the size. False alarm, the 6" is still available and still $5. :)

That's BS. Selling a product for one year then dropping it.
Glad I've got no plans, limited space, on expanding. Others won't be so fortunate.

Best thing they can do is bring back the Tombo.

Edit: My local store has 25, black framed Glassvik, in stock. No white though.

That's scary if glassvik is gone. Would be nice to know what's coming. I'll probably just pick up my new Besta units next month and wait for the doors. Hopefully that's doesn't bite me in the ass.

That's scary if glassvik is gone. Would be nice to know what's coming. I'll probably just pick up my new Besta units next month and wait for the doors. Hopefully that's doesn't bite me in the ass.

i was going to just pick up the shelves and wait for the doors also. they woman i spoke to said not to however, as she said the new doors might not fit on the current shelves. the store did have white glassvik doors in stock....just no more black. now debating if i should just pick up a white shelf instead :impatient:

My local IKEA has been out of stock on a LOT of Besta stuff for a while, doesn't look like they get new supplies, except for the frames.

I spoke to someone from IKEA Netherlands who told me they are going to change the way the Besta frames are put together.
Also there may be a color difference, if the current colors are coming back that is.
That is all she could tell me.

What is the name and the article of this glass shelfs in the middle ? Cant find them in my local Ikea shop .
View attachment 160491

Haha, that is my picture :)

Those are 1/2 glass shelves. They are available on the website still, you just go to the full glass shelve and the drop-down menu allows you to select the 1/2 version. My store still has them in stock so that's weird...

My besta shelf arrived today, after seeing the shelf I do plan to buy more of these. My witch king is placed on there perfectly, and it will be a great pose when sauron and saruman are standing next to him, with Sauron in the middle of course.

Witch king with the flamed Morgul sword

Witch King with the normal Morgul Sword

Wide shot of how Sauron and Saruman will be placed next to the Morgul Lord

Well better hurry up then if you want to buy them, big changes coming for all besta stuff in April ;)

Well this sucks monkey balls!

I was planning on going tonight to pick up a crap load of Bestas shelves, my ikea hasn't had the clear black glassviks for weeks now and I was hoping they would get some down the road so I was just going to buy the shelves and wait. With the glass fronts my order total was going to be $1800 before the 15% off.

I already bought White ones (luckily got everything I need except 2 sets of legs) to go into a converted closet space.

But from the sounds of it I better not buy the shelves. 15% off those is a lot on a purchase this size, I will be pissed if its a minor change. I also hope they don't change the colors and offer something similar to the glassvik (in black) because I want it to match the style of my white ones and really want the black fronts to go with the room design. Ikea you are killing me!

Back