BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not see much of a problem with the besta shelf, especially what I want, its an effective display unit to get especially for the price

Or waiting to buy the doors until April to see what IKEA comes up with next. How many people would be surprised to see Tombo back again? You never know - they still have doors for sale in Kitchens built with precisely the same components used to make Tombo.

Do the glass shelf inserts for the Besta adequately support two PFs? Or would you be better just using the standard gyprock shelf?

Does anyone with the Batman PF notice their besta shelf bowing at all? I've had mine up there for about 6 months and the middle is bowing down just a slight bit. I know these shelves are supposed to be good for 66 pounds but it does worry me slightly that it could get worse overtime.

Does anyone with the Batman PF notice their besta shelf bowing at all? I've had mine up there for about 6 months and the middle is bowing down just a slight bit. I know these shelves are supposed to be good for 66 pounds but it does worry me slightly that it could get worse overtime.

Seriously??? Scary. Can you take foto and post?

Seriously??? Scary. Can you take foto and post?

I'll see if I can take one tomorrow when it's light out. Its not really severe or anything, I don't even know if you'll be able to tell. I didn't notice it until I moved the shelf up higher but now when I look at the bottom it's slightly misshapen. If it gets worse then I'll really start to worry.

You put the shelf on a level surface to check?
I was convinced the top of my Detolf was bowing, got a heavy Bio on there.
Checked with a ruler and it's fine, optical illusion :huh

I have my Bats on the top shelf and haven't noticed any bowing, but not sure if the shelf itself is wide enough to sustain bow anyway. You could replace the shelf with one of your extras and see if it makes a difference.

You put the shelf on a level surface to check?
I was convinced the top of my Detolf was bowing, got a heavy Bio on there.
Checked with a ruler and it's fine, optical illusion :huh

I always put the heavier pieces on top of my detolfs and never had any issue with bowing, cracking, nothing...people always freak out but those things are rock solid on top. Never had multi tiered bestas so no idea about those shelves.

Yikes, now I'm a bit concerned. Is the Batman PF as heavy as the Superman PF? I have that on a shelf now and I was considering putting them together in one if there is space to fit the capes.

Back