BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry dvc, yes you can.
You get clamps to attach them at the back of the cabinet.
Don't know how effective they are. I have some extension units on top of each other, for Blu-rays, but i've screwed them together.

Thanks Collectorcol for the nod. Yes, there is a clear white and black version. They were fresh out of white at my store but I saw the black one. It's a heavy door/window, unlike the Vassbo, maybe even close to the Tombo weight, as it's an entire thick glass window. The frames are similar to the TOFTA if you know what those are like.

Anyways, question about installing Tombo doors. Just got mine recently, was wondering, is it easier to put the hinges on the shelf first and then snap on the door? I'm having trouble with the instructions method of attaching the hinges onto the window and then putting the entire thing on the shelf. Can't get the hinges to snap on properly to the other part that's screwed into the shelf.

Definitely hinges on door first and then snap onto the plates on the frame of the cabinet. It's usually pretty easy/straight-forward to clip them in. Hook them on the front, push toward cabinet wall to snap at the back.

What do you guys prefer as lighting for the Besta? I think I saw a post about this but I'll have to dig it up. Anyways might be buying a besta soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I just posted that lol.

Oh if you mean for the cabinet... Yah even if the cabinet is longer (35 Vs 48 inches)...It's not as deep... So it should even out. I'll do some measuring soon.

I saw some wireless puck lights on Amazon. Since my display is pretty distant from an outlet that looks like my best option. Plus no drilling.

Which are those? Are they wireless/remote?

Just looking for options. Even if they aren't wireless I can find a way to make it work.

The strip lights placed at the front will light everything in your cabinet whereas the puck lights are more suited to being placed above, slightly infront, a single item.

Lots of different types available. Mine are from Ikea, wired, and change colour with the spin of a dial. Pretty sure you can get a remote controlled version

"Wireless" lights are cool for about 30 seconds. Then the novelty wears off and you're left with many stark realizations. Light output is weaker than you expected. You're going to have to replace batteries on a regular basis. It's a cash pit replacing those batteries, or a time sink recharging them, plus having to constantly remove, open and replace them for the battery swaps. You'll either have to turn them on manually one at a time, or turn them all on at once from a single remote - forget controlling cabinets individually or in groups.

I could go on. ;)

That said, you should wait until I debut my LED lighting series tailored very specifically for IKEA cabinets and available in modular sets/components that will let you expand within a single cabinet or onto multiple cabinets. Plus they'll optionally integrate with the kits that power the light-up features on various figures, including CCFL lightsabers, light-up Sideshow/Hot Toys stands, etc.

Hmm. I'll take a look at ikea leds and wait for your thread. It'd be nice to change colors.

Hey guys don't mean to double post but what do you prefer for your doors? Knobs or that push latch?

Thinking of doing the push latch for a cleaner look.

Probably gonna head to ikea to pick up everything but the leds for now.

Alright now about leds. From what I've tinkered with in my car... Can't I just buy the multicolor led switch with remote crap off ebay? Ikea tends to be really expensive and even if it's made in China (ill buy from us seller for correct adapter)... I've never had any problems with leds from china.

Should I be buying one 4 foot strip or two separate strips for each compartment?? Two strips seem annoying because two outlets but then I can do two different colors with two strips... Unless there's a way to connect two strips to outlet... But then still two remotes??

Thanks for all your help guys. As you can tell I've never really set up my figures professionally :) I'm excited haha.

===

Now that I'm on a computer...

This is from HK but this is what I am looking at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-5050-RG...758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f2dd1556

And this is the shelf I am going to get: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40134050/

I'd have to figure out a way to put the LED through the divider. I can drill the back for the wires and hook it up to an extension. But I'm trying to see if there's a way to use two different strips on one remote.

Color LEDs are for accent and special effects/special purpose and IMO, are a (colossal) waste of time and money for general cabinet lighting. You will never get a very nice white, which is the only color that makes all your figures look good. And you'll use the individual colors much less often than you think you will. But don't take my word for it. Try it out and then come back here asking for other options once the lesson is learned. The hard way. ;)

You can read back in this thread, plus the Detolf thread, plus my office thread all about LED lighting. I've since run out of steam explaining how to install lights, so I've decided to put my time and energy to better use and make my own kits for sale. In the end I feel it will be a big time saver, stress saver and money saver for the customer and will look an order of magnitude better than most installations out there, certainly better than all installations that use IKEA-brand lighting or kits from eBay and other places.

SMH Lol!

Okay, LED lighting is last anyways, so I still have options :p. If I happen to go with just "pure white", how do I get the single strip through the divider? Or how did others accomplish this? I'd love to sort through 176 pages of this topic but you know...:)

https://www.amazon.com/HiMart-White...&sr=8-1&keywords=led+strip+white+power+supply

And the same goes for multicolor. Can I do two individual strips set up to one remote?

I was thinking red (although from experience, it is the weakest in emitting light) would look really cool for my Silent Hill set-up. That eerie feel, yah? Maybe not.

Here is what they look like
9y5ajune.jpg
gynyhery.jpg

Back