BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The See those LEDs are nice! But I just have a problem with it's price. I can get two LEDs for both boxes, for the same price!

But I'll keep them in mind.

I'm just wondering what you guys do when you have multiple LED sources. Are they all connected to several outlets or?

Thanks!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerc...Clear-Rope-Light-Kit-ML-2W-6Ft-Ex-E/203740364

Friend suggested rope lights. How's something like this? Only problem is it's not LED and thus can produce heat.

Or I can just get these..

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/20119418/

Each strip is 9 inches??

There's no remote either...

I'm finally moving, finally getting an opportunity to make my display for all of my boxed up statues and ikea goes ahead and discontinues the doors I like a month before I need to buy them. I don't like the look of the new glassvik doors so far either. Maybe once I see some in person pics I'll change my mind but right now I'm so frustrated. I don't know what to do for my display now.

Which door did they discontinue?

I just picked up my Besta and it's Vassbo doors! Too bad I won't be able to put it together until next week :( Still gotta order the LEDs. Found some kit on Amazon for $26ish. Not bad. Going to cut a small portion of the divider in the Besta and just wire the strip through the whole thing.

Where did you guys hang your LED strip? I see some people do on the top near the doors, and then others directly in the middle. I might do mine more towards the front so the "villains" are in the back and "lurk in the shadows" :)

I did all mine in the front except for the GL PF. I put the light on the bottom of the vassbo door aiming up. Nothing like a little dramatic lighting.

I've been experimenting with various lighting options and placements. In the temporary display shown below . I 'm using two top mounted strips per shelve. First pix are the IKEA DIODER strips . Second pix are LED Bar lighting (Cool White) strips. As shown the Bar lighting strip produce a purer white light. Where the IKEA's are more yellow. As I'm still experimenting your comments are appreciated. Thanks

Lg1.jpg

lg 2.jpg

I prefer the top to be honest. Purer white is nice for certain applications but the DIODER gives a more natural look... at least in the photos.

And I much prefer the bottom.It is much easier to decipher the different colors IMO.

Neither white is more "pure" than the other, it's all a matter of color temperature, the top being warmer than the bottom. Think of it as morning or late afternoon sun compared to mid-day sun. The bottom you'll find described as "cool white" or "daylight" on some products - however, IMO, LEDs don't quite give the same kind of daylight range as other light sources.

Both have their place in shelf lighting, depending on what your goals are. But no matter which temp you choose, hiding the light source is always a good idea. The extreme brightness of the source, if nothing else, somewhat blinds the viewer and affects the size of the pupil which in turn affects how you perceive the whole scene.

Well technically pure would refer to it as being a true white. The warm white is considered white but it still has a yellow tint in it.

That's all I meant :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I know that Archer suggested that I avoid RGB led strips but I bought a kit earlier for about 28 bucks. I can always return it if I end up disliking it.

When my set up is completed (by end of next week hopefully)... I'll post results. Appreciate all your help guys!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have my bar light strips blocked so you can't see them exposed which makes a big difference. Before I was basking in their glory but looking directly into the led glare. It's amazing once they are covered up and focused strictly on my pieces what a difference it makes.

Just noticed today that the website does not show the besta double wide units or tombo doors anymore.

I knew the day was coming but was hoping to see if they get marked down in clearance. Going this afternoon to my local store to check today.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Poor pixel... do you need more coffee.
Just stating that ikea was made an adjustment to their website.
They even show the new doors but just in smoke black for now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Everyone find your loved ones and head for cover, we don't have much time left. I'm afraid the world is definitely ending.

IKEA Canada has the new Glassvik doors listed for $30 Canadian, while the US store lists them at $45 US. OMFG. I'm always amazed when products are the same price, but this is just crazy. FYI, the US dollar is worth $1.13 Canadian.

Everyone find your loved ones and head for cover, we don't have much time left. I'm afraid the world is definitely ending.

IKEA Canada has the new Glassvik doors listed for $30 Canadian, while the US store lists them at $45 US. OMFG. I'm always amazed when products are the same price, but this is just crazy. FYI, the US dollar is worth $1.13 Canadian.

So far I have only seen the smoked glass version on the website.

Also, 1 USD = 1.098 CAD currently (Canadian dollar has gained a bit in the last few weeks after falling off a cliff earlier in the year)...I check almost daily...especially with preorders about to ship!

Back