BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 98838View attachment 98839

This is my new setup with the besta stainless legs, it finishes them off very well i think.

Very nice. I have to get some more of those underframes with legs.
I love the look of the white. I went with white as well Most my collectibles are dark colored because I could never see my stuff in the black shelves. Now it pops!
I'm all about the black with everything else though :rock :rock2

One central item...disc set slightly forward.
More than one item...strips.

Strips look good for everything and anything infront of a disc doesn't get lit up.
Strips for a versatile setup which usually changes over time. Just my opinion.

I have the disc in the center of the shelves and I actually took the light strips and ran them along the sides under the shelves. It really brightened the displays up and made it look much better.

White is the way to go. As far as lighting. I found the IKEA offering stoo Warm (yellow). I'm thinking of going with this set from Barligthing.com https://www.barlighting.com/4-Strip-Cool-White-Kit-p/4sk-cw.htm Has anyone here used them?

My humble setup as it looks today. But will be adding Super and WW to the left and right of Bats. Catwomen and Red Sonja under Bats. Capt America and The Queen of the Dead to the left and right of them.
DSC0280211.jpg

How do you have them arranged? I'm thinking with going with two strips per shelves in the upper corners.

Yeah, the only thing I would do different now would be to use a couple strips per shelf. A tad bit more light would work wonders. Mainly on my BMan shelf cuz he's so big. The light throw is not as great as I would like lower on the piece. Overall I'm pretty happy though.

Does anyone have a riser idea(s) for statues in the back row? I'm at the point where I'd like to hold off building something and would rather buy something. I've been to a couple craft stores and haven't seen anything useable yet.

I also noticed the dioder light strips have become more yellow, I now have a white and a yellow lighted cabinet :S

I read somewhere you can identify the yellow and white dioders by looking at the code on the distributing block, the white dioders have ''RU'' on them, the yellow ''UL''... I'm not sure the white ones still exist though...

I just got back from Ikea Brooklyn and hey had hundreds of Tombo doors in stock. The 23"x25" doors. I picked up a besta and doors. Will be getting a 2nd kne shortly; just need to make more room to set it up.

So I have my glass 1/2 shelf set up at this height at the moment. I was wondering what you all thought. From a distance, it's a bit hard to see the figures in the 2nd unit, at least for me since I'm about 5'8", but it's at the same height as the top unit, 6 holes from the base shelf, which is as high as it could go before the door/window hinge screws. Do you think it's fine the way it is or should the glass 1/2 shelf be one notch lower?

I'm considering getting whatever Tombo doors are left at my local Ikea (on sale at the moment for $40), but the price as well as the fact that it doesn't hide the light strip on top worries me a bit. These Vassbo doors also block the feet of the top unit figures for short people, lol.

Thanks! I'm gonna give that a try. Last case scenario I might switch to Tombo doors and return these, and maybe move the lights towards the back or center so that the bottom two units won't show them as much as the top.

Off topic: Is your sig from Frozen? It makes me smile every time, don't know why, haha.

Back