BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to think of what kind of setup I should do for my Bestas. I'm moving at the beginning of May and will finally be able to display my collectibles. But I need to figure out what set up I should do. One big wall? A corner? 2 high? 3 high? What should my setup look like?

Here's a picture of the room. Everything is going but the bar stools so don't worry about that, but everything in frame is where I can put my shelving. Pretty much everything around the tv areas is space to put stuff. The hidden corner is just any old corner.
1280_12159084.jpg

I'll have 16 PFs (My busts won't go in the bestas). I need to plan for 5 additional PFs though. So keep that in mind.

So any suggestions on what my Besta orchestration should look like in this room?

I'm trying to think of what kind of setup I should do for my Bestas. I'm moving at the beginning of May and will finally be able to display my collectibles. But I need to figure out what set up I should do. One big wall? A corner? 2 high? 3 high? What should my setup look like?

Here's a picture of the room. Everything is going but the bar stools so don't worry about that, but everything in frame is where I can put my shelving. Pretty much everything around the tv areas is space to put stuff. The hidden corner is just any old corner.
View attachment 100752

I'll have 16 PFs (My busts won't go in the bestas). I need to plan for 5 additional PFs though. So keep that in mind.

So any suggestions on what my Besta orchestration should look like in this room?

Nice looking room! Do you get to keep that pool table? Looks like a nice one.

Personally, I would use that blue wall space beside the window, where those two square pictures are now. That way you can keep your stuff out of any direct sunlight. I think if you went floor to ceiling there, it would look really sharp.

Nice looking room! Do you get to keep that pool table? Looks like a nice one.

Personally, I would use that blue wall space beside the window, where those two square pictures are now. That way you can keep your stuff out of any direct sunlight. I think if you went floor to ceiling there, it would look really sharp.

We don't get to keep that pool table but we love it so much we're going to buy the same table and put it right back there!

And I don't think that area next to the bar will fit the bestas well since furniture will likely hide some lower pieces and the entrance to the bar is right there. But, I'm actually glad you made that suggestion because I wasn't thinking of putting anything in that space but after a second look I think I might put a bust over there against the wall!

There's also no need to worry about sunlight. It's a basement. The window goes out to a little underground garden. There's little to no direct sunlight coming into the room.

And thanks for the compliments on the place! We're very excited. We managed to get one of the model units of a newly constructed condo complex. The whole house is this beautiful and we get to keep the furniture (Except for in the basement aside from the bar stools like I said) and the place was professionally designed like most model homes. We got lucky finding this. And I'm super excited to finally have a home for my statues!

Just keep them away from that pool table...balls have a tendency to jump off those things (had a table at home back in high school)!

Just keep them away from that pool table...balls have a tendency to jump off those things (had a table at home back in high school)!

Good point! I hadn't even thought about that. Gah now I'm so paranoid haha.

Interesting... they look like they have a full size door too... is that 3x1 or 2x1? Maybe I should hold off on the Tombos.... Any idea when they will release that? Also, are the "borders" thinner than Vassbo?

Interesting... they look like they have a full size door too... is that 3x1 or 2x1? Maybe I should hold off on the Tombos.... Any idea when they will release that? Also, are the "borders" thinner than Vassbo?

Looks like a 1x1 or a 2x1. Too bad it doesn't come in a 3x1...maybe it does, just doesn't look like it in that manual.

Ooo, that's not far off at all... nice. Might get stock up on some Tombos just in case since there's free food at the local IKEA this upcoming weekend w/ $150 or more purchase, will return if anything after they release this Glassvik doors.

It shows on one of the first pages a 1x1, a 2x1, and a 3x1.

I think the smallest one looks like a 0.5 x 1. The 3x1 besta is pretty tall...I would expect the door to have 3 hinges (the vara door that I have for mine has 3).

We'll see when this thing is released. At the very least, there appears to be a great alternative to the TOMBO.

Ah, missed that.
It's a half door, a single door and a double door shown.
There's no 3x1 there. Still might be available though.

The way I have my cabinet set up now looks better with single doors but the double and possible triple are much more versatile for larger or smaller pieces.

Yeah, if they come out with a 3x1 door I'm all over it. As PFs keep growing in height, it makes it really tough to do single square doors. A nice 3x1 will allow me to move a shelf up or down a couple notches so things aren't scraping the top.

For anyone who's checked out that Glassvik instruction sheet, what percentage of purchasers do you think will understand IKEA's suggestion of adding a piece of tape to the drill bit to mark the desired depth of not more than 3mm when mounting the door pulls? My guess is less than 1%.

I don't think even 50% of people can assemble an average IKEA product on their own. Probably lower than 30%, but I don't have any scientific studies to back that up. ;)

Well here's some data. only 33 1/3% can put them together in my household. My wife and 1 year old can't handle it :lol

Not really liking the frame on Glassvik :(
I'll stick with Tombo I guess. I got 8 spares right now, maybe I'll get more

Has anyone seen/posted actual photos of the Glassvik or are the instructions the only illustrations seen so far?

Back