BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the the heaviest statue you have in a besta on a shelf. I know Ikea says the max is 66lbs, but has anyone seen sagging or worn support holes?

Question about Stuva:

Do you get shelves with a standard cabinet? Can't seem to find shelving for the deeper variant just the shallow ones. Would look kinda lame to have 48 cm depth and 35 cm shelves. :slap

:horror That's 30kg! What the hell are you planning on putting in there?

Heaviest I have is P1 & P2 busts probably around 15kg.

The batman pf is supposedly 30 pounds and 25 inches I am actually worried that Batman will not fit and the shelf will have to be adjusted but if you adjust the shelf you will no longer have the symmetry with the door. Not to mention a new hole for the lights

The batman pf is supposedly 30 pounds and 25 inches I am actually worried that Batman will not fit and the shelf will have to be adjusted but if you adjust the shelf you will no longer have the symmetry with the door. Not to mention a new hole for the lights

He won't fit without moving the shelf...that's why I sold my besta and got a PAX.

Question about Stuva:

Do you get shelves with a standard cabinet? Can't seem to find shelving for the deeper variant just the shallow ones. Would look kinda lame to have 48 cm depth and 35 cm shelves. :slap

As far as I can remember it comes with shelves just like the Bestas. You can also get extras but I don't think they are listed on their site, you have to pick them up in store.

I adjusted my shelf for Bman and the symmetry is fine. There is not problem in my Besta. No reason to get a PAX.

As others have suggested, i experimented with adding foam tape to the sides of the besta with tombo doors to prevent dust entering. However, i didnt add the tape to the side with the hinges (i.e. right side normally) as i thought the foam was too thick.

What i did was to screw in the TOMBOs as much in as possible by adjusting the screws located on the hinges and there was still a 1-2mm gap no matter what.

Bought a new 3mm thick foam tape yesterday and experimented it, viola, it worked! There is almost no gap now on the right side. I believe a thicker foam tape will work as well, however, you need to loosen the hinges on the TOMBO first and then attach the TOMBO doors. Once the doors are attached, you can then adjust the screws again to push in the doors as much as possible. :hi5:

Realised i should have taken a "before" pic to better illustrate when i meant :slap

This was what i used, but i bought it in a local shop for ~ $1.50.
Daiso Japan Self-Adhesive Window Door Cushion Tape 2m (0.3 x 1cm)

The after results:
gjyGGkC.jpg

TOHNRJE.jpg

Last edited:
kind of off topic, but does anyone have a FRAMSTA? I am contemplating glossy black or flat black panels.

Very nice alvinkhoo83. Daiso is awesome, I got my cube and dome LED's and wire covers there for great prices.

kind of off topic, but does anyone have a FRAMSTA? I am contemplating glossy black or flat black panels.

Yeah i'm planning the build them too. I already bought 8 panels because they we're almost out of stock in my nearest ikea. Plan to buy the cabinets/besta's later this year but i need to flatten the complet wall first before mounting it all. The plan is to put 3/4 pf's in/on there aswell

This is my inspiration:

dbmw.jpg

Well done, looks very clean.

Did you drill a small hole below each shelf and combined the wiring at the back or on top? How many sets did you need? Did you use a combining mechanism for all the lights?

Sorry for all the questions, never installed lighting like this myself so I am curious.

Looks sharp. Great job.

Thanks buddy. Glad you like it, I do to ;) :)

Well done, looks very clean.

Did you drill a small hole below each shelf and combined the wiring at the back or on top? How many sets did you need? Did you use a combining mechanism for all the lights?

Sorry for all the questions, never installed lighting like this myself so I am curious.

I drilled one hole at the top right corner of each cube at the top row (row 1) and one hole in the top right corner on row 4. Hope this makes any sense… :lol :monkey1

I bought three sets of lights, you get 4 lights in each set.
They are complete with wires and connections and "combiners".
Check them out at Ikea, they're called DIODER.

Clean and purdy :clap

Thanks you buddy! :hi5:

Back