BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure is. I have one Besta filled up and soon to have a second filled. That is where I will stop. And I should have two stand alone pieces outside in the end.

Very cool... what pieces on the ends if you don't mind me asking?

So far everything I have on pre order I will be able to work into the current set up, so I don't think I will need to pick up any more display cases until the middle of next year at the earliest.

Wish I had your room/ space. I need to draw the line unfortunately. Well I will display Grey Hulk com and JSC Spidey as my 1/5th end caps.

Just bought a new 2x2 Besta over the weekend and installed it between by two 3x1 Bestas. Turned out awesome, I think. Planning on upgrading the TV to fit perfectly between the top shelves!

1174517_10101388233156645_269848725_n.jpg

Is that the whole Buffy Line? Looks awesome.

besta lighting

Hi guys I have just installed my besta I will be looking for lights for them can anyone
Recommend some
Thanks

Martin

Last edited:
Re: besta lighting

Hi guys I have just installed my besta I will be looking for lights for them can anyone
Recommend some
Thanks

Martin

Moved your fine question into the main BESTA thread, which is well suited for your question. You might even find the answer already on one of the previous pages.

Ikea brand or Barlighting.com. Both do the trick well. I use barlighting cool leds. Pixel may recommend buying led strips that can be wired with a little elbow grease.

Barlighting seems to have the best bang for your buck on some items if you're not interested in soldering or putting together your own kit out of parts.

Do you mind if I ask.... Do you have kids?? If NOT do you intend to??Having seen the effects of my eldest having run hands first thigh a single pained window... YOU NEED TEMPERED GLASS if you are going to have children around. I have seen my kid toss a wooden ball right at a piece of tempered glass and it just bounced right off. The cost will be worth it.

Uffh, didn't had the thoughts of chldproofing my home until some years ahead but you've got a solid point there =P

I was at ikea today picking up another detolf for my ever growing collection and found a cool little BESTA, its shallow and small and works perfectly for my single figure display cases, it holds 12.

Heres a look

newdisplay001_zps99267820.jpg

newdisplay003_zpsde89e410.jpg

newdisplay004_zps864f5c6d.jpg

newdisplay002_zpse93bb2bc.jpg

Some arrangements in my living room, need the shelves themselves as storage for my other stuff, but I really like seeing the statues on the top of the BESTA shelves.

kfgv.jpg

Guys, I'm looking for something with the Besta look (black exterior, glass door, silver/chrome frame) but for 1/6 figures, any recommendations? Seems like most of you have statues in Bestas.

Ikea Billy with glass doors is the other option most people use when they don't want a detolf

Guys, I'm looking for something with the Besta look (black exterior, glass door, silver/chrome frame) but for 1/6 figures, any recommendations? Seems like most of you have statues in Bestas.

As far as I know the Billy will have a split door meaning there will be a join down the centre of your display.
Don't know what doors are available for the Billy, never seen any with silver frames.

Well you aren't going to get an exact looking replica of the besta just a smaller version for 1/6 so it was merely a suggestion

That's what most others use when they aren't using a Detolf

EDIT: Or you can just pick up the besta The Skull bought in the pics above and just put a glass door on it

Well you aren't going to get an exact looking replica of the besta just a smaller version for 1/6 so it was merely a suggestion

That's what most others use when they aren't using a Detolf

EDIT: Or you can just pick up the besta The Skull bought in the pics above and just put a glass door on it

Hey Frank suggest away. I wasn't dissing your idea just highlighting the disadvantages of the Billy.
The Besta with a half depth shelf looks nice with 1:6.

Back