BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are the doors I wanted for my Besta, but every time I went to the IKEA in Houston, they were out of stock. Now I'm living in Oklahoma and nowhere near an IKEA. :mad:

Odd thing is, the door wasn't even located on their site. They have the 2 window door online, I had to call ahead to see if they even had them.

Not at the moment bud, the collection is getting there display wise but not at the level where I can make my own thread yet. Soon :D

Did you really!!?!? :panic: :lol nah, glad you liked it mate! :duff

Though you can't really call it a customs thread, just a "stuff i've bought on ebay and pieced together with not so good results" thread. :lol

Well either way that Daniel Craig looks damn close to the real thing. :rock

I had the half glass shelves made at a local glass place. Cost was minimal. Last time I was at Ikea, though, I noticed they stock the exact thing.

I have a Detolf in the same room, with one figure per shelf (all with environments). GOD Bruce Lee, HT Superman, HT Indy with idol, ark, crate and a heap of other artifacts, and HT Pred up the top.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My white ones

sideshow007.jpg

Thanks for sharing this photo, when i go to IKEA what size of BESTA is this one in the picture and also what's the name of the glass door?

Thanks

I just ditched most of my Detolf cabinets and now sporting Bestas in their place. I took some new room pics, but I am hopefully getting a new camera in a week or so and the pics will be much better. Here is just some pics in the meantime:

2937d0c9.jpg

dd176123.jpg

01d22bf4.jpg

Thanks for sharing this photo, when i go to IKEA what size of BESTA is this one in the picture and also what's the name of the glass door?

Thanks

Here's basically everything you need in one package:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S69887563/

The specs are below on the website. If you're looking to buy the glass doors separately they're also called "Besta" (same brand) and they're about $45 a piece.

Awesome setup, anthos :clap

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and my Grandma is going to buy me a new display case since my statues are basically spilling out of the cases I already have. I have four Premium Formats on order, and have been looking at getting a Besta case. Have you guys seen this?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

I am thinking this is the route I want to go. It looks like I should be able to display two or three PF's on each shelf (if I only utilize three shelves total), and this combo looks like it comes with the glass doors as well. Any thoughts? Has anybody gotten this exact case?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Here is my recent Besta setup w/dioder lights installed.

IMG_8046.jpg

The dioders comes with 2-way tape and a metal bracket that you can screw onto the roof of the shelves. As for the wires, I dremeled a small hole through the backdrop of the shelf. I ran the wire through. With the wooden backdrop you obviously dont see the wires. Its perfect imo.

Incredible setup... WOW. Exactly what I'm wanting to do. What size tv is that? Looks pretty big. I have a 60" Samsung, would that be ok?

actually aren't they called Tombo glass doors?

Yes I believe you are correct. They're called Besta Tombo glass doors.

Incredible setup... WOW. Exactly what I'm wanting to do. What size tv is that? Looks pretty big. I have a 60" Samsung, would that be ok?

Thanks for that awesome compliment :hi5:

My tv is exactly 60" so you're all good my friend :wink1:

You might wanna add the legs in case the TV's weight sinks a little in the middle of the shelves. Of course it all depends on if your room has carpet or hard floors.

Hey guys, my birthday is coming up and my Grandma is going to buy me a new display case since my statues are basically spilling out of the cases I already have. I have four Premium Formats on order, and have been looking at getting a Besta case. Have you guys seen this?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49887677/

I am thinking this is the route I want to go. It looks like I should be able to display two or three PF's on each shelf (if I only utilize three shelves total), and this combo looks like it comes with the glass doors as well. Any thoughts? Has anybody gotten this exact case?

Thanks in advance, guys.

hey guys i'm thinking of buying this besta storage combination https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49887677/ & i wanna if guys think i will be able to display hulk comi & Rhino comi on top of the unit, then will Batman pf, Superman pf, Poison Ivy pf, Dutch pf & Skaar pf fit in there?

Looks like both of you are thinking of buying the same Besta cabinet. Based on the dimensions, you should be able to get 2 "regular" sized PFs per shelf, or 1 "bigger sized PF (like Rhino or Hulk PF) per shelf. You won't be able to get 3 PFs per shelf and the Hulk comiquette will not fit inside a Besta without cutting out the back wall for him. He will fit on top by himself, but not Rhino. I hope this helps. So plan to buy accordingly.

can someone tell me what is the exact name of these bestas?

I was just answering your other post. :lol

Those are my Bestas and that is what they are called. They are in the walnut effect finish which has been discontinued, but the black/brown finish is very close. I also added Tombo glass doors on each cube. There is a 2 cube wide x 3 cube high console in the middle and it is flanked by 2 2 cube high x 2 cube wide consoles on either side.

Here is a newer photo of my setup.

IMG_1156.jpg

Last edited:

Those are my Bestas and that is what they are called. They are in the walnut effect finish which has been discontinued, but the black/brown finish is very close. I also added Tombo glass doors on each cube. There is a 2 cube wide x 3 cube high console in the middle and it is flanked by 2 2 cube high x 2 cube wide consoles on either side.

Mister Ski Thank you very much for taking the time to answer! I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to display some of my PF & with all these besta options it's getting a bit confusing. So far the Pf i mentioned in the post above are all on preorder and i need a cheap besta to display them with possibly Hulk comi on top...and hopefully Rhino on top too, facing each other...if they can fit! Hopefully SS won't release anything else i want during Comic con 'cause i have no more room left!

Here is a newer photo of my setup.

IMG_1156.jpg

now that my friend...is one fine exquisite collection! :hi5: ...So they are called "Besta Cubes" ? would you please put in a link?

Mister Ski Thank you very much for taking the time to answer! I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to display some of my PF & with all these besta options it's getting a bit confusing. So far the Pf i mentioned in the post above are all on preorder and i need a cheap besta to display them with possibly Hulk comi on top...and hopefully Rhino on top too, facing each other...if they can fit! Hopefully SS won't release anything else i want during Comic con 'cause i have no more room left!

You're very welcome. Always happy to help a fellow collector out. Here are links to the Ikea cabinets in my photo.

This is for the two smaller cabinets on the sides.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90134043/

This is for the larger cabinet in the middle. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134044/

Obviously, you can pick whatever color cabinet you prefer from the drop down.

The glass doors are called TOMBO doors which are not showing up on the IKEA site. They cost $50 each and are the most expensive part of the cabinets, but you can also buy them a couple at a time too to spread out the cost. Overall, I feel IKEA cabinets (and doors) are the most cost efficient way to go to displaying your collection. When you get your collection set up remember to post pictures of it in the "Show Your Shelves" thread. Good luck and thanks for the nice feedback!

Last edited:
You're very welcome. Always happy to help a fellow collector out. Here are links to the Ikea cabinets in my photo.

This is for the two smaller cabinets on the sides.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90134043/

This is for the larger cabinet in the middle. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70134044/

Obviously, you can pick whatever color cabinet you prefer from the drop down.

The glass doors are called TOMBO doors which are not showing up on the IKEA site. They cost $50 each and are the most expensive part of the cabinets, but you can also buy them a couple at a time too to spread out the cost. Overall, I feel IKEA cabinets (and doors) are the most cost efficient way to go to displaying your collection. When you get your collection set up remember to post pictures of it in the "Show Your Shelves" thread. Good luck and thanks for the nice feedback!

Thanks again! i really appreciate this! and you are most welcomed!

Back