BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that - was getting worried that the stuff wouldn't fit!

If you have a Rocketeer PF here you go for reference.

4D96FB33-C7F7-450B-A853-2D4CAD1A6439_zpscp5ybomo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm from the UK, but can't find the BESTA on the UK website. Do you know what the equivalent name is?

Also do you guys not include shelves for some PFs to fit?

Hey they are called the same in the UK. Just type BESTA in the IKEA search bar.

I recently moved out (FINALLY!!!) so I'm also in the process of buying BESTAS for my display. Something that really helped me out you might want to try, if you click the living room section from the main page then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page in the far left corner you will find a link that says 'BESTA Planner' click it and you basically get to play around, build and customise your own set up (Doors, colours, shelves etc). Its a really good tool to use especially if you're worried about space. After using the BESTA planner my final display is looking a lot different then how I originally thought it would. So id highly recommend playing around with it.

Na, but I like them. I only have a single Besta (sits above my desk) and it's already got two Tombo doors on it.

Figured I would show off my entertainment center setup. The lighting looks better in person believe me. I spent a few hours drilling out the tops of the besta units as well as the top center section. The other side of the room where I have my billies will have to wait on pics until I have the lighting figured out.

Attachments

• IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 586
  • IMAG0753.jpg
    IMAG0753.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 576
  • IMAG0631.jpg
    IMAG0631.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 575
  • IMAG0557.jpg
    IMAG0557.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 581
  • IMAG0749.jpg
    IMAG0749.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 580
Side note the light strip on the top display is actually adjustable in brightness. I should have lowered it for the pic but I wanted it to pick up the collectibles on the shelf. And I apologize for the crappy cell phone pics and messy coffee table hahahaha

^^^ Love the username. Is it your real name by any chance? :lol j/k unless some Asians do have that name... :slap:lol

Glassviks?

I wish it was my real name hahaha. And the doors were a nightmare to find. The ikea by me always has tons in stock... In white. Or black with thick borders. It took 2 seperate trips to get 4 in the thin open glass border. Only issue with the setup is that i had to incorporate dioder pucks as well as the strips in order to throw off enough light. Im considering glass backing for the shelves to bounce more light back and brighten it up even more. Ill deal with them for now as i like the ability to change the color on both puck and strip. The wiring was a nightmare considering theres 2 controllers per side not including the top strip. But that may bump up to one more since i want to light the top as well to show off my girlfriends rex. I should really borrow my friends dslr and take decent pictures hahahaha

I was going to keep all my switches on but plug everything into one power strip outlet so I can turn everything on with just that one switch. Would that work?

I might be doing the same. My IKEA has the 4-LED strips for $20 and the 4-puck set for $25 at the moment.

The REX looks awesome :duff:

I was going to keep all my switches on but plug everything into one power strip outlet so I can turn everything on with just that one switch. Would that work?

I might be doing the same. My IKEA has the 4-LED strips for $20 and the 4-puck set for $25 at the moment.

The REX looks awesome :duff:

I did that with mine then plugged the power strip into a remote control plug. I love being able to walk into the room and hit a button for all the display lights. Bending down to turn on the strip is too much work.

Can't see there being a problem as long as you fix the shelves to stop them dropping.
Wouldn't put too much weight ontop though.

Are the two middle shelves screwed in? I want to have 4 doors as well, I guess they would flip up. And then there is the question of adding feet. I want to place it under my projector screen so the only thing on top would be the center speaker. If the height allowed maybe a couple statues too.

Are the two middle shelves screwed in? I want to have 4 doors as well, I guess they would flip up. And then there is the question of adding feet. I want to place it under my projector screen so the only thing on top would be the center speaker. If the height allowed maybe a couple of statues too.
Shelves sit on pegs so would need securing. Yeah, doors would need to open upwards.

I wouldn't mount a Besta sideways. At least not with stock doors mounted so that they open upward.

Buy a Besta configuration that allows you to achieve the horizontal layout if that's what you want. 4 1x1 units for example.

If you really want to have doors that open upward, you'll need to fasten the shelves with screws to add strength to the sides (now top and bottom) of the unit and you'll also need gas lifts for the doors. The lifts alone will cost you more than any difference in buying the 4 1x1 units.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm still wanting to do this sort of configuration but I fear you won't really be able to see the Tumblers except for the front. The PAX lets me put them for a profile display but there's no clear doors for them, have to get a custom that might be expensive. I wish BESTA made a shelf/frame that could support 2 units wide but without a divider down the middle. I wonder if you can angle the Tumbler a bit to the left or right to show off a little more of the sides...or to put a figure next to it...

Back