Best wolverine statue evar!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so just some pics got put up in another thread

Very cool statue which I could paint lol

null_zps2f0c4106.jpg

Nuff said!

Some comic costumes don't translate well with cloth & resin statues and that is one of them. It looks downright silly there.

Some comic costumes don't translate well with cloth & resin statues and that is one of them. It looks downright silly there.

The world needs more silly. These kinds of costumes (as compared to the tediously 'real world' black leather ensembles the movie superheroes usually sport) are a lot of the fun for me. This is basically geek theater...or opera for nerds. I'm happy to have the bright colors in the room- and the yellow/blue combo actually matches the walls and carpet in my studio/office where I have it up.

The world needs more silly. These kinds of costumes (as compared to the tediously 'real world' black leather ensembles the movie superheroes usually sport) are a lot of the fun for me. This is basically geek theater...or opera for nerds. I'm happy to have the bright colors in the room- and the yellow/blue combo actually matches the walls and carpet in my studio/office where I have it up.

I love the classic costumes and usually dislike the "realistic" movie versions but this one looks like a guy that dressed up for a comic con. PFs are hit and miss and it's usually the look of the fabric, no matter how well tailored, that can kill a piece. Fabric works on the Dr. Doom 1:3 and the Superman PF (prototype for now, that is) but here the contrast between his shoulder guards and his tights looks real strange. We hear how comic costumes don't always translate well in films and movies but I think the same logic can be applied here as well.

the one by troy mcdevitt is the best so far

but l saw the designs for the upcoming one from XM studios and it is a close contest

An easy choice for me. This sculpt by Erick Sosa captures the ferocity of Wolverine PERFECTLY. Hunched over like a wild animal with claws SNIKT. It was one of two variants at SDCC 2010 for the Tiger Stripe statue that saw production - the other being an X-Force variant. Even then, Erick was keen to differentiate the statues with nuances. Longer "flares" on the mask and different claws.
My favorite Wolverine costume and statue. I can't wait to see what Erick unveils for the new Brown Wolverine sculpt! :yess:

zd3r.jpg

Personally I will always love the comiquette.

dsc01988-50--24c6542.jpg

That's my pick of the litter. POd my Com the day it went up and still love that piece. I'm a huge Ray Villafane fan and he has sculpted 2 of my favorite Wolvie statues. The SSC Com and the BD Logan statues. Both of them are magnificent pieces in my book.

LSF for sure and top honers to the custom with the ninjas. The 1:2 bust is also very nice

Nothing comes close to the Wolvie LSF. In person there is no match and i have owned quite a few.

Back