BEST WETA LOTR produced !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman

Incredible detail. Multiple weapons. Fantastic action pose.

9320.jpg

I regret missing out on Sam and Bill and the Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman, but I'm not paying the going prices for them now.

RWoS has and will always be my No. 1 piece. Iconic LOTR, more so than Sauron, IMO.

I'll also mention the medallions as some of the best pieces ever produced. The Theoden medallion is particularly stunning. As a set, the medallions are an amazing collection. I'm still bitter that Sideshow never finished with ROTK.

The Theoden medallion is particularly stunning. As a set, the medallions are an amazing collection. I'm still bitter that Sideshow never finished with ROTK.

Very true, highly overlooked pieces for the most part. Theoden is my fave as well.

I regret missing out on Sam and Bill and the Uruk-hai Scout Swordsman, but I'm not paying the going prices for them now.

RWoS has and will always be my No. 1 piece. Iconic LOTR, more so than Sauron, IMO.

I'll also mention the medallions as some of the best pieces ever produced. The Theoden medallion is particularly stunning. As a set, the medallions are an amazing collection. I'm still bitter that Sideshow never finished with ROTK.

I rememerber thinking 275 was high for the RWoS, and imagining the argument that would surely ensue, in trying to convince Mrs. Took we needed a $300+ statue. :banghead

So I waited - and paid $500. :duh

Ah, Tooks paper stacks are short, but some things you just have to have!

I rememerber thinking 275 was high for the RWoS, and imagining the argument that would surely ensue, in trying to convince Mrs. Took we needed a $300+ statue. :banghead

Yep, I said the same thing to myself with the original Balrog, that $300 was too high for a collectible. I literally watched it sell out on Sideshow's site. Of course this was back when I was slowly making the transition from Toybiz to WETA, so I was getting used to the sticker shock.

Now I spend that much money on PF without thinking twice, but for as much as I want something, I still have my financial limits. Needless to say I don't own the original Balrog and never will. I like the Baby Rog alot better anyways, :D, from an artistic design standpoint.

Yep, I said the same thing to myself with the original Balrog, that $300 was too high for a collectible. I literally watched it sell out on Sideshow's site. Of course this was back when I was slowly making the transition from Toybiz to WETA, so I was getting used to the sticker shock.

Now I spend that much money on PF without thinking twice, but for as much as I want something, I still have my financial limits. Needless to say I don't own the original Balrog and never will. I like the Baby Rog alot better anyways, :D, from an artistic design standpoint.

i have a baby rog and i'm happy with it but i would of loved to pick up a daddy rog when it just came out at sideshow. oh well:monkey2

Dont get Took wrong - to me, thats a lot of schillings too!! We had just sold our hobbit-hole, and made a pretty penny on it. So, that was the item I splurged on.
Took has to lie in wait for the good deals on ebay these days. We just had our second hobbit 4 months ago, so theres not much coin for collectibles!
I did just score a GoSF, first new poly in 2 years!

Dont get Took wrong - to me, thats a lot of schillings too!! We had just sold our hobbit-hole, and made a pretty penny on it. So, that was the item I splurged on.
Took has to lie in wait for the good deals on ebay these days. We just had our second hobbit 4 months ago, so theres not much coin for collectibles!

you funny:lol

congrats on the baby hobbit:D

Ah, it's always satisfying to be able to splurge on a most-wanted piece.

All this talk of WETA is making me want to buy new poly. :monkey5 I haven't purchased LOTR WETA in a long time and there are a few reasonably priced pieces I still wouldn't mind picking up at some point.

i have a baby rog and i'm happy with it but i would of loved to pick up a daddy rog when it just came out at sideshow. oh well:monkey2

Yeah, I missed out on a lot of "grail" pieces that I could have bought directly from Sideshow: Sam/Bill, Uruk-Scout Swordsman, Balrog, Treebeard bust, Moria Orc Archer, but my funds were flowing slower than the buying frenzy of others. Oh well....I did get my RWoS directly from Sideshow, and at a discount too way back in the day when they were offering those discount codes.

Thanks man!

Were you ever able to score your grail, the Escape plaque?

nah man i had a deal with a fellow member but i had some problems so i pulled out, sucks too because he has giving me a good deal.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Yeah, I missed out on a lot of "grail" pieces that I could have bought directly from Sideshow: Sam/Bill, Uruk-Scout Swordsman, Balrog, Treebeard bust, Moria Orc Archer, but my funds were flowing slower than the buying frenzy of others. Oh well....I did get my RWoS directly from Sideshow, and at a discount too way back in the day when they were offering those discount codes.

well at least you had i chance to get them i started collecting a year ago and now it's to late to get some of those grails. the good thing is that when the hobbit hit i'm not taking any chances and i'm going to order my stuff like yesterday:D

nah man i had a deal with a fellow member but i had some problems so i pulled out, sucks too because he has giving me a good deal.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

That really sucks. I was looking for one too, but was surprised at how much they were going for.

well at least you had i chance to get them i started collecting a year ago and now it's to late to get some of those grails. the good thing is that when the hobbit hit i'm not taking any chances and i'm going to order my stuff like yesterday:D

Its tricky - usually they go down for a bit before up. Or at least, stay at retail for a while before going.

And if the exclusive isnt a must, you can always get the reg for less on ebay.

Thats the way Took see's it.

Back