BEST WETA LOTR produced !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
Aside from the Original Balrog and Cave trool statue :rolleyes: since those are grails, which one do you think you like most, may it be figures, bust, statues, helms, plaques, weapon set, or medallion, etc....

Just post ONE of your next favorite :cool:

My opinion :

8707R_07.jpg

saruman the white, sauron, morgul lord, the witch king true form, wringraith on steed, stone trolls, orthanc.

unfortunately i only own sauron, morgul lord and saruman. :(

would love a witch king!! but not for the price it sells for.

have to go with sauron as well. I wish i didnt have to sell mine :(

The Ringwraith is so bloody menacing! If I had to ditch all of mine but one, keeping only the piece that I felt was most iconic (that's right, I said iconic), it would be a toss-up between that one and Gandalf on Shadowfax.

An awful lot of fantastic pieces to choose from, but if I had to choose only one it would be the Ringwraith on Steed. Great likeness, great pose and it really captures the essence of the dark rider.

The Balrog and Cave Troll are terrific pieces and may hold the highest secondary value, but if SS had only produced 750-1000 ROS it would right up there with the big boys.

I don't own it but I would vote for the Ringwraith on Steed statue.

Of the ones that I do own, THE Lord of the Rings himself, Sauron, would be my choice.

scriff said:
I like the easterling statue - very detailed and under-rated.

Scriff

I totally agree with you. Great sculpt, paint, detail, you name it. :rock

Only one ?? Very very tough. But gotta go with Ringwraith on Steed as not only the most iconic, but also truly one of the best sculpted pieces in SS/W's pantheon. When I first laid my eyes on it (taking delivery for a friend of mine and checking it for shipping damage), it literally took my breath away. I knew I HAD to have one of my own. Truly a work of art. (next would be the equally under-rated Treebeard bust):nazgul

:confused:
I have not seen all the Weta pieces in person, but I really like them all.
One of my favourites: Moria Orc Swordsman Statue, but also the 'Get off the Road' Wallplaque is very well done.:D

Ringwraith on Steed for me...

closely followed by Aragorn on Brego and Gandalf on Shadowfax.

Back