Best way to display 1/6 collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic Villain

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I only have one 1/6 figure, but I've got all the Hot Toys Dark Knight figures and a couple of the Iron Man ones on order and I was just wondering how you guys display yours.

Are there any good class cabinets out there I should know of? Any suggestions would be great!

If only there were a forum on these boards where people displayed their stuff and described what they used.....huh.......oh wait......

Just kidding, most people rely heavily on the Detolf from IKEA and a lot of what people go to is from that store but check out that forum and you'll see some pretty original ideas.

mine are in the open. might have to dust more often but i like them spread out on top of speakers and shelfs and stuff. better than cramming them all behind glass. that's just my opinion. glass cabinets are fine. they're just not for me.

I use detolfs by IKEA and they suit me just fine.

DSC01062.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys, and that's an awesome setup you have there Spawnfan. I think I might go with the Deltof considering it's so cheap too and looks great.

And sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I just didn't notice the "Show Your Shelves" section all the way down there.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and that's an awesome setup you have there Spawnfan. I think I might go with the Deltof considering it's so cheap too and looks great.

And sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I just didn't notice the "Show Your Shelves" section all the way down there.
Don't worry, you'll get the hang of where things are.

Yeah Detolfs are a definate favourite amongst collectors, IKEA in general offer a lot of display options.As you'll see in the show your shelves section theres even people who use fishtanks, and they look awesome too :rock
Some very creative displays in there, here ya go:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Lemme know if you need anymore info
All the best
shell
x :peace

lacks and detolfs rock !! :rock Both available from ikea for brilliant prices.
Check out how voorhees 27 collection looks ! :rock Awesome as always.
f_IMG4116m_23cbd1e.jpg

Voorhees has a nice display setup.

I just use a bunch of those cheap $15 shelved from Walmart, stacked several shelfs high.

pretty much any old wood/glass cabinet will look great if you put some decent lights and flat color poster board background in. there's no reason to get extravagant. so long as they're decently lit and posed to your liking the figures will look awesome.
________
MAZDA N PLATFORM HISTORY

Last edited:
When I'll move to the new house in 2009 I'm going to use these custom made display cabinets for my figures, statues and props:

f_displaycabim_dc48a21.jpg

f_displaycabim_8431e00.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of detolfs myself. Items just look too crammed in them.

When I'll move to the new house in 2009 I'm going to use these custom made display cabinets for my figures, statues and props:

displaycabinets01rg5.jpg

displaycabinets05uh9.jpg

Those are very nice!!

Back