Best way to conduct a trade transaction?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try not to use paypal unless the person is a trusted person and/or as long as you're not paying. Good thing Mr. Green haven't been scammed yet.

I shouldn't use Paypal? I thought it would give me some protection if things didn't go as planned. So if I were to send my item and never receive anything in return, I'm SOL?

If the person paid you in paypal then you can do it. Mr. Green did it once. But Mr. Green wouldn't pay first and just hope that the person would send out. Called paypal and the woman said there is no guarantee from paypal on a pre-paid item. She said it would have to be a physical item. Anyway, call customer service to find out. Last time Mr. Green seen paypal site, he couldn't find the policy/coverage/benefit.

I've never traded with someone before and the other party suggested we send our items both on the same day OR I could pay for the item, in which after I receive it, I send mine and he sends the money back once he receives his. Not sure which is the safer route. If I go with the latter option, I could still lose out if he keeps my money.

i'm open to sexual favors...

but then i realized this hobby is dominated by men with toys...

I ask the other person to send me a picture of their pen 15 (and the other side of the transaction has always had one, thus far). If they do not follow through on their end, I find them on Facebook, and tell them I will send said picture to their mother.

I always kind of hope they don't pay, so I have an opening line.

In person, obviously.

Well ****, how am I supposed to make it to Moscow if the plane ticket is same price as the figure trading huh RIDDICK? This is why I never trade with you bastard... think I'm just going to go up to Alaska and paddle my canoe in the Bering Strait to hand off something to you. I think not dear sir and good day! :lol

Well ****, how am I supposed to make it to Moscow if the plane ticket is same price as the figure?
To be fair, if the figure is indeed worth the flight to Moscow then it'd be way cheaper to actually fly there and trade in person than mailin' it via UPS or others. :lol

I ask the other person to send me a picture of their pen 15 (and the other side of the transaction has always had one, thus far). If they do not follow through on their end, I find them on Facebook, and tell them I will send said picture to their mother.

I always kind of hope they don't pay, so I have an opening line.

Sounds like something that would be suggested in the show, "Nathan For You." :lol

No trades except to super-trusted individuals with not only feedback but references you can check/count on (preferably people you know). The best way to make sure both parties are covered is to do two sales via PayPal at the appropriate item value and with a tracked shipment. Then it doesn't matter if one person skips out, the other party can get the funds back from PayPal. Feedback is still important though.

Back