Best twist movie endings (NO SPOILERS, just titles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:
oh...wow, i'm dumb. i always figured the ending was just another typical 80's horror movie cheesy ending. that actually explained it, and now it makes more sense. i gotta watch that movie again.

Never saw Fight Club .... :google You are missing one of the best "twists" of recent time.

Memento was mentioned earlier, that is certainly another stunner. :horror

Never saw Fight Club .... :google You are missing one of the best "twists" of recent time.

Memento was mentioned earlier, that is certainly another stunner. :horror

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh and I've never seen Memento. :(

Memento is good. But its really not the type of film that stands up to repeat viewings like any film with big twist. Its in a similar style to one of Nolan's earlier films, think its actually the one he did before Memento called "Following". Good film.

I think sports bras are a better plot twist ... they hide an unexpectedly impressive ending rather than building-up to an anti-climactic reveal. I've given this quite a lot of thought. Its a hobby.

SnakeDoc

Big fan of those and the boy short underwear. :rock

I used to like twist endings when done well, but now every other movie seems to have one, and it's just tiresome. Shyamalan, particularly, built his career on that gimmick, and well though it worked for his first couple movies, when your twist becomes:
Spoiler Spoiler:

or whatever, you need to move on, IMO.

Many listed here are fine. I also liked Chinatown, though I think one of the worst is Identity. That stupid ending ruined the movie for me, which I thought was half-way decent leading up to it.

Last edited:
A great list (although I guessed Shutter Island's from the trailer) so I will try and mention some that are not on here yet

Seven
The Mist
Twelve Monkeys
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Brazil

Back