Best series not yet seen.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll add Prison Break was very good...similar to the show Heroes, it goes bad after the first couple of seasons but it's still worth watching those first two...

Homeland another GREAT show....

And Mad Men although this is kind of a polarizing show...some love it, others find it boring but I think it's great, very philosophical and character driven...I say if you decide to start watching it, watch the first season and if you like it then you'll like the rest of the seasons, if not then it's just more of the same and you can pass but at least watch the first season in full before deciding...

:lecture Yes to all of this. I jumped on the Prison Break wagon really late into the show's life, and totally regretted missing out.

Freaks and geeks is really good but you guys wouldn't know about it

It was good, but it's not a show I would recommend for someone like Niltusk since it was canceled after 12 episodes i.e. it's not a complete series. It has no resolution. And Niltusk appears to be asking for shows that had a complete and resolved run that he missed.

I have heard really good things about Boardwalk Empire,
Haven't watch it, but I really want to.

Movies seem like short stories to me now. A well crafted TV series is like a novel.

My Faves:

The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Boardwalk Empire
Game of Thrones

..and for fun

Dexter
True Blood

Deadwood would have made the list except for the horrible disappointment of the series not being properly resolved.

Mad Men would have made the list except I haven't watched it yet :)

Homeland - jury is out after just two seasons, but it needs some redeeming after a mildly silly second season.

I liked True Blood, specially the first season was the best.

but after a while the show becomes so dull it is almost painful to finish it.
Specially anything that has to do with the human characters. The vampires are always great, but there were a lot of dumb human plots that went nowhere.

I could never get into Spartacus. I tried.. just couldn't do it. But I would definitely recommend Gods of the Arena. It works as a stand alone series IMO. Really enjoyed that.

I have heard really good things about Boardwalk Empire,
Haven't watch it, but I really want to.
It's a great show. In my top five I think.

I liked True Blood, specially the first season was the best.

but after a while the show becomes so dull it is almost painful to finish it.
Specially anything that has to do with the human characters. The vampires are always great, but there were a lot of dumb human plots that went nowhere.
Totally disagree. The first half of the first season was a chore to get through, everything since that I felt was pretty good. Jason Stackhouse, a human, is one of the most fun and interesting characters in the series. Same with Lafayette.

It's a great show. In my top five I think.

Totally disagree. The first half of the first season was a chore to get through, everything since that I felt was pretty good. Jason Stackhouse, a human, is one of the most fun and interesting characters in the series. Same with Lafayette.

spoilers for all seasons

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree that Jason and Lafayette are the best thing about the show
Plus all the vampires. I love all the vampires, then Sookie Jason and Lafayette

True Blood was fun for a while, has jumped the shark in a huge way. Last season and all the Vampire religion crap just killed it.

Game of Thrones is the best show on HBO right now.

Sons of Anarchy is a must see.

I enjoyed Spartacus on Starz.

3/4 of Dexter was decent last season. Uneven writing. I'm glad they're ending in this season, I hope it goes out strong.

I've been giving Defiance on Syfy a chance but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

Watched Longmire last year because I love Katie Sackhoff. I want to like the show but It needs a "holy sh-t" episode. It's kinda meh so far.

Sherlock and Doctor Who on BBC are brilliant.

My favorite funny show is Archer.

Last edited:
I could never get into Spartacus. I tried.. just couldn't do it. But I would definitely recommend Gods of the Arena. It works as a stand alone series IMO. Really enjoyed that.

I can't stand the camera work in Spartacus, so never bothered with engaging with the narrative.

Smallville is my favorite series of all time, very close to my heart.

Right now im really enjoying Bates Motel, its very well written and great acting, prob my favorite show on right now.

Also enjoyed Nip Tuck while it was on, Prison break had a good run, Heroes season 1 was epic then yeahhh.. Arrows good right now. Stargate Universe was a great show then got cancelled, same with Flashfoward and so many other flops!

Gotta give it up for Boy Meets World also, and King of Queens.

Also does anyone remember The Pretender? I loved that show!

Last edited:
No one mentioned "Damages." Can't say if it's a great show to watch all the way through, but my wife and I finished season 1 on Netflix the other night and we've enjoyed it greatly thus far.

I thought I'd get a couple responses, you guys are giving me an education on TV series. :lecture

:clap

Back