Best regards from germany

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn_de

Super Freak
Reaction score
Good morning everybody,
(well, in Germany it's morning and I am sitting next to my fresh coffee)

my name is Dominik, I am 26 years young and live in Hamburg in north-germany. Maybe the city is known to somebody for its harbour - we have also famous musicals here like "lion king", "sister act" or "tarzan".

I am working in the german videogame industry as a Producer and be in charge of 3 different 3DS projects atm.

My hobby for collecting merchandise etc. has its origins in my childhood. While a vacation to italy (i think I was about 4 or 5 years at this time) I saw an italien tv-commercial from TMNT and it blowed me away. From this time I was a huge turtles fan (lol, my first item was a spider from the footclan and no turtle :rotfl Even as a child a liked the villians more ^^) and never stopped my hobby. Sure, there were some phases in my life where this became less important - puberty, go out in clubs meet girls etc. :peace Guess everyone know what I mean ^^

Later, sth. around 1995, I became a huge StarWars fan and started to collect the Hasbro toys. Two years later Mr. Lucas gave me an extra push with the special edition remakes of the old trilogy. My StarWars collection had a value about 4000$ which was a huge number for a kid/teenager. Fortunately I shared my hobby with one of my best friends, because it's even more fun when you have somebody you can share your passion with and talk about ... yeah, geek stuff ^^

I can also remember that there was pulished a german toy magazine called "toy hunter's yournal" at this time. Since the inet wasn't as far as today this was one of our only options to receive new information regarding our hobby. (I won a starship troopers toy in this magazine :yess: It wasnt' cool, but winning sth. was cool :clap ).

The last 3 years I collected different videogame merchandise - FF(Kotobukiya), Halo (McFarlane), Gears of War (Neca), Metal Gear Solid (Medicom) and many more ... I like to collect them because I am a very passionated gamer.

At the end of last year I started collection items in other price segments. When I saw some pics of the Darth Talon PF statue my fan heart screamed "grab it you little bastard". To receive I nice bundle price I also ordered the Diablo 3 barbarian from sideshow and since then I have this inner feeling to want more.

Although my conclusion to throw an eye on sideshow was pretty late, I was able to grab some beloved items over ebay, e.g. General Grevious excl. PF, Asajj Ventress excl. PF or Darth Maul PF.

Suddenly Hot Toys was also in my center of attention and I bought Ezio Assassins Creed.

Uff, ... so much text though I just wanted to say hello ... and I need a new coffee as well :gah:

Please forgive me some grammar/spelling mistakes, as I am no native speaker/writer.

I am happy to be here and looking forward to great forum discussions :hi5:

Back