BEST DECKARD FIGURE EVER thanx to kind eBayers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd love to see Rachael too! I will start on my own custom Roy Batty sometime this year. I have two great heads of Rutger Hauer as Batty. One with dry spikey hair, and one with wet hair from the end of the movie. I keep looking for the "Android 001" figure on eBay. But I hardly see it anymore. Any ideas on what body I should use for my Batty custom? Let me know. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
In an effort to do a better Deckard figure myself I started re-sculpting a head for my custom, I wasn’t happy with the first sculpt. However I haven’t been able to get back to it to finish it off, I didn’t know I would be painting Wesley Price heads for the next few months.

newdeckardsculpt1.jpg

GETTING THERE DUDE...i DEFINITELY SEE A GREAT RESSEMBLANCE IN THAT SCULPT.

That's a great Deckard head sculpt Shai! I wish I could learn how to make head sculpts. Can you give me tips on how to make them? I've been doing customs and repaints for a few years now, but I've never casted or made my own custom head. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :D

Nice work Spenser... that is a great looking head so far. And as we all know Ford is not an easy guy to get right.

Great looking sculpt Spenser, get that sucker finished and sign me up for one!
All this talk of Deckard makes me want one!! Does anyone have any spare parts of the outfit, or perhaps a cast of the gun?

BillyB

I own several different Deckard & Batty sculpts and I like certain things about all of them. I consider them art & representations of iconic characters, so for me, there is no "definitive" Deckard.

I know alot of people now consider the Frontline Deckard to be "crap", but I still love it. It's a bit exaggerated with the features & the eyes are a bit squinty, but I think it really manages to capture Ford as Deckard very successfully.

Here's my set:
bladerun1.jpg

bladerunner1.jpg

I did these quite a while ago and I keep promising myself I'll re-do them one day since I've gotten alot better at painting & customizing in general. I feel like these are characters that belong in any sci-fi collection in any capacity. I even like the super-deformed import model kits.

I own several different Deckard & Batty sculpts and I like certain things about all of them. I consider them art & representations of iconic characters, so for me, there is no "definitive" Deckard.

I know alot of people now consider the Frontline Deckard to be "crap", but I still love it. It's a bit exaggerated with the features & the eyes are a bit squinty, but I think it really manages to capture Ford as Deckard very successfully.

I know what you mean.......I own several versions of Harrison Ford. Individually they all are Harrison Ford, but when you compare some of them, they are miles apart in characteristics.....I'm counting off the top of my head, but I think I have 6 versions.

Here's my set:
bladerun1.jpg

bladerunner1.jpg

I did these quite a while ago and I keep promising myself I'll re-do them one day since I've gotten alot better at painting & customizing in general. I feel like these are characters that belong in any sci-fi collection in any capacity. I even like the super-deformed import model kits.

I love those Jeff! I have the "Frontline" Deckard Harrison Ford head on my "Android Hunter" too! Yeah, it's not the best, but I still like it. Did you make your Roy Batty? That looks like rooted hair on him? Is it? If so, how did you do it? I have two great head sculpts of Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty I want to use for customs someday. What about the great black leather jacket on your Roy Batty? Is that from the "Android 001" figure? I need one for my Roy Batty. Let me know. Thanks! :D

Can you take some more close-up pictures of Deckard and Batty? I could really use them as refence when painting my Batty and repainting my Frontline Deckard head. I'm not that happy with how it turned out, so I want to repaint it. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I just placed an order with Frontline for some Aliens heads (Apone and Hudson) and also got the "Deckard" head just because I thought it would be interesting to paint, but looking at these and other pictures, it seems kind of on the rough side. How is the detail on that head?

The detail is good I think, but I just gotta repaint mine. I'm just not happy with it so far. I'll post some pictures soon. I have him packed away right now due to a recent move.

I just placed an order with Frontline for some Aliens heads (Apone and Hudson) and also got the "Deckard" head just because I thought it would be interesting to paint, but looking at these and other pictures, it seems kind of on the rough side. How is the detail on that head?

That's funny. I tried to order a Deckard head, but I was told the sculpt was being retooled and wouldn't be available until February.

Well I haven't heard back from him, so maybe he will tell me that. I just ordered this morning.

I had trouble downloading the order form, so I emailed directly. It took a few days before they got back to me. Hopefully the retooled sculpt is even better than the previous one.

I love those Jeff! I have the "Frontline" Deckard Harrison Ford head on my "Android Hunter" too! Yeah, it's not the best, but I still like it. Did you make your Roy Batty? That looks like rooted hair on him? Is it? If so, how did you do it? I have two great head sculpts of Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty I want to use for customs someday. What about the great black leather jacket on your Roy Batty? Is that from the "Android 001" figure? I need one for my Roy Batty. Let me know. Thanks! :D

Can you take some more close-up pictures of Deckard and Batty? I could really use them as refence when painting my Batty and repainting my Frontline Deckard head. I'm not that happy with how it turned out, so I want to repaint it. Thanks again!

Hey Mike, thanks bro. I reworked the Frontline Deckard head a bit, I added the injuries to the side of his face by his eye. I did use the Android jacket for Roy, I just weathered it up some, it's a cool jacket for sure! I used faux fur for Batty's hair, it was inspired by the very talented Doc T's custom Roy! I'll try to get some more close-up pics. Hopefully, when I get the time to work on them some more, they'll be alot better.

As for the updated Frontline Deckard....Lonnie has been selling the new Indiana Jones sculpt on Ebay lately, which looks really good! He mentioned that they'll be going with the new version of the head. I would imagine they will take the indy sculpt and alter the hair to make a Deckard too like they did with the old sculpt. I want to rework the Sideshow Indy head in the future into a Deckard myself, I think it looks awesome too. So basically, we can look forward to even more excellent Deckard sculpts.

Cool. Thanks Jeff! I'll check out Lonnie Hale's heads and look for that Indy head you're talking about. I've already superglued the "Hero head" Deckard head to my Android Hunter's neck post and painted it. It's really rough though. I'm not proud enough to display pictures of it here until I repaint it better.

I hope to get the "Android 001"....someday! I got a black leather jacket on the way to me now, but it's no where near as cool as the one you got from the "Android 001".

Looks pretty good, but I wish there were a close-up on the face....I think it maybe a CY Girl made up to look like Rachel.

Back