BEST DECKARD FIGURE EVER thanx to kind eBayers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
Customikey repainted a Batty for GDB. :D Maybe someday he could repaint a GDB for Batty. :lol

Glad GDB likes the Batty paintwork. Customikey would dearly love to repaint a Deckard someday. He is working on a Frontline Indiana that is looking pretty good so far.

I agree, the paintwork on the frontline is below par It could look a lot better. But i say conrgratulations on getting a figure YOU are happy with. That's all that matters!

Customikey said:
I agree, the paintwork on the frontline is below par It could look a lot better. But i say conrgratulations on getting a figure YOU are happy with. That's all that matters!

Yeah, what he said! :lol

All that matters is how much you like it.

screamingmetal said:
I've been interested in buying an Android Hunter, but never figured out which one was which. So there are three versions, and the latest V3 is the best of the three?
Which of the three is the cheapest?
Is there anything different other then the head sculpt between the three versions (I heard something about the gun being different)?
It wasn't a custom -- well the whole line were customs, I suppose. I think the V3 refers to the fact that they did Android Hunter, Andoid 101 (Batty), and then Android Hutner V3.

They retailed for about $150 each. And I sold my V1 in anticipation of V3 for a bit more than that. They said they were limited to 500 pieces, but I do believe that is crap. :D

Anyway, in the last year alone I've seen them sell on eBay for as low as $40 and as high as (honest to goodness) $500. So, it pays to be patient.

V3 is worlds better than V1 and often comes with a V1 head. The figure is a Dragon body with the cool clothes and only the head is different.

Customikey said:
Glad GDB likes the Batty paintwork. Customikey would dearly love to repaint a Deckard someday.

GDB should have sent Customikey Deckard's head when GDB sent Batty's. GDB regrets not doing that.

:D

gdb said:
It wasn't a custom -- well the whole line were customs, I suppose. I think the V3 refers to the fact that they did Android Hunter, Andoid 101 (Batty), and then Android Hutner V3.

They retailed for about $150 each. And I sold my V1 in anticipation of V3 for a bit more than that. They said they were limited to 500 pieces, but I do believe that is crap. :D

Anyway, in the last year alone I've seen them sell on eBay for as low as $40 and as high as (honest to goodness) $500. So, it pays to be patient.

V3 is worlds better than V1 and often comes with a V1 head. The figure is a Dragon body with the cool clothes and only the head is different.
Thanks for the info. If the only difference is the head, than It doesn't really matter since I would replace it with a Frontline head anyways. If I can snag either one for $40-$50 it would be a steal.

at the end of the day the only thing that matters is how much you like it. I've had people hate my resculpts and repaints of Anakin and Obi-Wan... and y'know what? thats absolutely fine. We can't all like the same things..... world would be pretty dull if we did. The only thing that matters is that I love them

Congrats on getting a figure that you really really like. I think it looks good. Well done :)

hunky_artist said:
at the end of the day the only thing that matters is how much you like it. I've had people hate my resculpts and repaints of Anakin and Obi-Wan... and y'know what? thats absolutely fine. We can't all like the same things..... world would be pretty dull if we did. The only thing that matters is that I love them

Congrats on getting a figure that you really really like. I think it looks good. Well done :)

Thanks guys! The point is also that this seller really went above and beyond to make the transaction go smoothly. He didn't have to send me a un-chipped v.3 head. And he certainly didn't have to send me the Frontline head to make up for the first head being chipped. In the end, I'm happy and he's happy.

And I would not be opposed to getting the Frontline head repainted by one of you guys. It is a little sloppy looking, but like I said, I prefer the attempts at texturing Ford's look over what's been previously offered. Like Galactiboy said, I'm not sure when Guttenberg played a Bladerunner? :D

sladesuperagent said:
Thanks guys! The point is also that this seller really went above and beyond to make the transaction go smoothly. He didn't have to send me a un-chipped v.3 head. And he certainly didn't have to send me the Frontline head to make up for the first head being chipped. In the end, I'm happy and he's happy.

And I would not be opposed to getting the Frontline head repainted by one of you guys. It is a little sloppy looking, but like I said, I prefer the attempts at texturing Ford's look over what's been previously offered. Like Galactiboy said, I'm not sure when Guttenberg played a Bladerunner? :D

:lol

Well, as HA said... it's very cool that he was so accomidating with the auction, you don't see that very often. And the Frontline head CAN be salvaged, it's a decent sculpt. Just needs a little love and care to look a little more Ford-esque.

All in all it's cool you got a nice Deckard figure, not many of us can say that. :D

Great story Slade. This thread caught my interest b/c I used to have the Android Hunter v.1 figure and then sold him in hopes that Sideshow or Hot Toys would eventually pick up the license (here's to hoping :duff). The headsculpt sucked anyway. IMHO, the best possible Deckard figure would be a combination of everthing made to date:

CRM Toys "suit" looks to be the best and that shirt is accurate to a shirt Deckard wore in the film. He did wear more than one believe it or not. Pants seem a bit baggy but otherwise everything seems to be better tailored.

The Android Hunter v.3 has best PKD gun and holster and possibly better trench coat.

The best headsulpt would go to Frontline or v.3 but both would need to be re-painted (although there is something I like about CRM toys headsculpt). Mikey can do it!

Now, opinions vary and there is something to be desired in each of these figures, I'm just holding onto hope that: SIDESHOW might get this license one day b/c what I'm talking about is about $400 and a little unrealistic...:cool:

sladesuperagent said:
Like Galactiboy said, I'm not sure when Guttenberg played a Bladerunner? :D

Wasn't it after Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol? Pretty sure Bubba Smith played Batty in that version. :D

Congrats on the find. I hope you get the head repainted so we can see its full potential.

Where did you get that image from... I've never seen a CRM that looked like that. Looks like someone either altered the sculpt, or maybe added a completel new one.

I've never seen that CRM Deckard before....I'd have to say that is the most superior version I've seen.....I'd buy that in an instant more information please...

I think it is only repainted (not even resculpted)

Afbeelding5.png

That is breathtaking talent Mindbook.....Welcome to these boards and be prepared to be bombarded with commissions....I'd love a Deckard to that amazing level of care....of course I'd have to get the base figure first...:lol

That is impressive. I never thought the CRM even remotely looked like Deckard, but the repaint really brings it out.

Welcome Mindbook and kudos on your Deckard never thought he could look as great as that. Your Photobucket stuff is awesome, how did you do that amazing skin tones.
Best Indy ever and the Cruise and Damon are so realistic.

Back