Best Batman Begins Custom Cowl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like OT's. But to me, paying for an accessory that costs more than the figure itself simply does not work. It is not a money issue either, it's just the principle of the thing, my head playing games and all. Can't do it. Just can't.
Same. $300 for just a head is ridiculous when the full figure is $250. I love Batman begins, but not THAT much 🤣

I really like OT's. But to me, paying for an accessory that costs more than the figure itself simply does not work. It is not a money issue either, it's just the principle of the thing, my head playing games and all. Can't do it. Just can't.
Same. $300 for just a head is ridiculous when the full figure is $250. I love Batman begins, but not THAT much 🤣
Meh. For me it's about allocating budget. Is that $300 worth putting into a good representation of Batman Begins, or into another Hot Toys figure?

Luckily I'm done collecting Hot Toys and I'm close to my endgame. This allows me to focus more on improving the figures I own, to represent my favorite characters and films, rather than acquiring more figures.

It's a matter of priority, and how much you're looking to get out of a certain chatacter. But it's good to draw the line somewhere and have an exit plan in mind.

Meh. For me it's about allocating budget. Is that $300 worth putting into a good representation of Batman Begins, or into another Hot Toys figure?

Luckily I'm done collecting Hot Toys and I'm close to my endgame. This allows me to focus more on improving the figures I own, to represent my favorite characters and films, rather than acquiring more figures.

It's a matter of priority, and how much you're looking to get out of a certain character. But it's good to draw the line somewhere and have an exit plan in mind.
Agreed. While I think there will always be "just one more" to purchase, I've really closed the gap on my collection within the last year or so which has allowed me to get more into custom runs for stuff I really want and improving current figures as you mentioned. I cancelled a lot of my HT POs last year and have sold over 100 figures and statues with still more to go.

It's a matter of priority, and how much you're looking to get out of a certain chatacter. But it's good to draw the line somewhere and have an exit plan in mind.
That's very true.

But I'm still in the lonely camp of thinking $300 for a cowl is ridiculous. If it was $100 I'd buy it, maybe $200 but that's pushing it. For $300 it better come with the rest of the figure 🤣
I'm all for improving a figure, but when the accessories cost more than the figure itself, I have to drawl the line there.

I'm hoping the Jaxon sculpt is better than the stock hot toys, I think it was $75, but it's been so long I forgot already 🤣

That's very true.

But I'm still in the lonely camp of thinking $300 for a cowl is ridiculous. If it was $100 I'd buy it, maybe $200 but that's pushing it. For $300 it better come with the rest of the figure 🤣
I'm all for improving a figure, but when the accessories cost more than the figure itself, I have to drawl the line there.

I'm hoping the Jaxon sculpt is better than the stock hot toys, I think it was $75, but it's been so long I forgot already 🤣
Aye I’m with scout trooper & gipetto on this one too, my ot begins sculpt has actually just been sent out.
I got into hot toys with the mms 67 back in 2008, after 15 years of collecting I unloaded most of it last year, the collection had got to big for me to properly display & it was too varied.
So I went back to just the batmen & a few iconic characters that I love, T2 dx 13, stormtrooper, ironman mk7, classic predator, robocop 3.
I got a matte suit Version from the new begins release & with ot sculpts it’ll be perfect.
The way I look at it is I’m gettin the best version of the figure I want by buyin the headsculpt, it may cost as much as another figure but that’s okay because I’m not just buying all the other figures that come out.
Iv got inarts batman this year & hot toys armory on pre order & thats it.
I prefer my collection smaller & more focused

Last edited:
Someone somewhere will make a mass produced Begins head that blows these $300+ heads away, either by itself or with a whole figure and . . . it won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Someone somewhere will make a mass produced Begins head that blows these $300+ heads away, either by itself or with a whole figure and . . . it won’t cost an arm and a leg.
Well if you'd rather wait 3 or more years at the mere hope that this might happen, than drop $300 on something that will give you immediate and guaranteed gratification with what you're looking to get out of a Batman Begins figure.. then more power to you lol

I mean you all can justify how you spend your money. I simply think $300 $400 for a doll head is simply ridiculous. Downright insanity.

But credit where it’s due, OT is the best 1/6 begins head I’ve ever seen.

I just know it can be mass produced and included with a figure, lol. EB did it, but in the wrong scale.

Hopefully, one day, either HT or someone else will bring us a better looking Begins Batman.

For the time being, the regular HT release will do.

Yeah, there is no justifying it.

Years from now when all of our economies come crashing down and we’re all struggling and can’t share our plight online, we’ll all look at the plastic junk we amassed and think “what the hell were we thinking”?

Collecting is a form of insanity in itself lol. People come here to get enabled by other freaks. You know you f***** up when the freaks are calling you insane

Dean just did a new review of the Unreal sculpt, and he shows it side by side with OT's.

I mean you all can justify how you spend your money. I simply think $300 $400 for a doll head is simply ridiculous. Downright insanity.

But credit where it’s due, OT is the best 1/6 begins head I’ve ever seen.

I just know it can be mass produced and included with a figure, lol. EB did it, but in the wrong scale.

Hopefully, one day, either HT or someone else will bring us a better looking Begins Batman.

For the time being, the regular HT release will do.
I disagree, there are far dumber things people have spent far more money on. Lol. To each there own.

Unreals 1.0 has always been my favorite cowl of all of the options, it just had that intensity that all of the other sculpts lacked. So his 2.0 is 100% the ideal sculpt for me.

If Sideshow would've keep letting me exchange to get a decent begins figure (they sent me 2 defective ones) I would 100% buy unreals sculpt. But as of now ill just have to wait for a decent mass produced option.

From Dean Knight's comparison
20240405_124004.jpg
20240405_124023.jpg

Unreal's sculpt is fantastic, with a great beastly vibe. But, I hate how limiting the dramatically tilted forward position is. For this reason, I think the OT is more versatile. Plus, the OT has SERS, so that greatly opens up possibilities for posing.

Unreal's sculpt is fantastic, with a great beastly vibe. But, I hate how limiting the dramatically tilted forward position is. For this reason, I think the OT is more versatile. Plus, the OT has SERS, so that greatly opens up possibilities for posing.
Agree, but I wouldn't say it's limiting. I think that beastly vibe gives it agression. It captures an essence inseparable from this chatacter, and one which is prevalent through most of the film. You can see it in almost every frame. Bale's body language really lends to this look in my opinion. He was channeling authentic rage from the headaches he had wearing that suit 😅

I find that an essential characteristic that is lacking in OT's representation (by comparison).

Back