Best 1/6 T-800 Endoskeleton out there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugen_z

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I know there is going to be a new 1/6 T-800 Endoskeleton coming out soon? With that in mind, what is the best 1/6 T-800 Endoskeleton out there now. I want to add ONLY one to my collection. Should I get one that is already released or pre-order the new one? Please share your thoughts.

Endoskeleton T Genisys is the best. Last HT 1/6 T-800 endoskeleton maybe 8 years ago? Vast technology improvement there for such long period of time

Yeah I don't think you will have much selection. The T-800 from T2 was out years ago and is that even available at a reasonable cost?
I have this one and it still is great.

I think the Genisys Endo will be shinier with better chrome looking paint. But for me I don't need an update - I'm fine with the first release.

Or maybe option 3, maybe HT will release a different T-800 in the future. I'm surprised they have not done a 1:6 in diecast...yet.

I know there is going to be a new 1/6 T-800 Endoskeleton coming out soon? With that in mind, what is the best 1/6 T-800 Endoskeleton out there now. I want to add ONLY one to my collection. Should I get one that is already released or pre-order the new one? Please share your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum.

The search feature on the forum is a bit wonky, but if you use Advanced Search and and enter 'Endoskeleton' in the keywords field and select "Search Titles Only" in the dropdown , you should find most of the existing discussion threads about the figures.

Last edited:
I've had the Aoshima Terminator Endoskeleton (weathered) for years and I still think it looks great next to my Hot Toys T-2 Arnie. I wouldn't mind an update from Hot Toys (never cared much for their first one), but I'm not gonna spend money on anything from Genysis. Not a terrible movie, but my least favorite of the franchise.

I wouldn't mind an update from Hot Toys (never cared much for their first one), but I'm not gonna spend money on anything from Genysis. Not a terrible movie, but my least favorite of the franchise.
topicstarter obviously doesn't care about differences yet (or he wouldn't ask the question), so it's better to advice him having a shiny sleazy modern feminine new gynysys skeleton which is nice and detailed as it should be from the start, this way he won't ask himself about its price. it will be a fair price.

topicstarter obviously doesn't care about differences yet (or he wouldn't ask the question), so it's better to advice him having a shiny sleazy modern feminine new gynysys skeleton which is nice and detailed as it should be from the start, this way he won't ask himself about its price. it will be a fair price.

We should probably point out that at anything closer than a first glance there are huge design differences between the classic T1 and T2 T800 Endos and the Genisysysysysysys version...

Classic:

5137129572_4c6fe28bef_o.jpg

New:

uHvjnnE.jpg

IMHO, T1 Endo looks more scarier and intimidating than Genisys Endo.

IMHO, T1 Endo looks more scarier and intimidating than Genisys Endo.

Agreed, I've had this conversation with other artists and most of them - especially 3D guys - revere the original Endo as the gold standard in hard-surface mechanical design.

The new version is just change for change's sake - and in a lot of cases, for the worse. I don't like how domed-off the skull is, or the pointlessly angular pigeon chest. Also the upsized eye sockets and larger eyes are way less intimidating, and it's got the horse teeth the HT 1/4 Endo had. The final insult is that they scrapped the classic plasma rifle design, and that's sadly carried over to the new HT figure :slap

The absolute worst part of this is that I might buy the HT Genishyt Endo anyway, because I know full well if it doesn't sell they'll never consider revisiting the classic version :gah:

Ever had the Aoshima version side by side with Hot Toys?

I've had the Aoshima Terminator Endoskeleton (weathered) for years and I still think it looks great next to my Hot Toys T-2 Arnie. I wouldn't mind an update from Hot Toys (never cared much for their first one), but I'm not gonna spend money on anything from Genysis. Not a terrible movie, but my least favorite of the franchise.

Define "best".

I guess collecting figures are always subjective so I would like to hear from those that have been collecting for awhile and/or might have seen them side by side. Quality, accuracy, details, etc.

I'm still holding out for the definitive (T1) endoskeleton. Chromed and die cast of course. HT's will eventually release it imo.

I guess collecting figures are always subjective so I would like to hear from those that have been collecting for awhile and/or might have seen them side by side. Quality, accuracy, details, etc.

Alright. From an engineering perspective, and just overall coolness, the original T1 Endo from HT wins hands down. Superb sculpt, each finger has articulated knuckles (4 points), toes are also individually articulated. Just can't beat that level of detail. Only thing is it's not as shiny as some would hope, but in the right lighting condition it still looks great.

The Genisys Endo is set to beat the original in terms of paint, but I'm seeing trade-offs in that the hands and feet are single mold. I suppose that improves durability and stability, but the original's articulation continues to blow my mind even today.

Alright. From an engineering perspective, and just overall coolness, the original T1 Endo from HT wins hands down. Superb sculpt, each finger has articulated knuckles (4 points), toes are also individually articulated. Just can't beat that level of detail. Only thing is it's not as shiny as some would hope, but in the right lighting condition it still looks great.

The Genisys Endo is set to beat the original in terms of paint, but I'm seeing trade-offs in that the hands and feet are single mold. I suppose that improves durability and stability, but the original's articulation continues to blow my mind even today.

I mean, it's not 100% perfect - but then again what figure is? - but the HT 1/4 T800 is probably the best to date.

AUBaH1y.jpg

Has all the crazy articulation of the old 1/6, with a proper chrome finish. If you only want one Endo, and aren't married to the idea of only collecting 1/6, I don't see anything better coming along in the foreseeable future (unless HT actually pull their finger out for the T2 25th anniversary this year).

Back