Best 1/4 scale Batman statues??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After receiving my Sideshow Batman PF, I tried a few custom heads.

The one I use the most now is the Jim Lee head by Tony Mei which to me turns this into my favorite 1/4 Batman statue.

36476512613_f985dfa01a_h.jpg

36476586793_d75f464097_h.jpg

36476510373_dd7db92e5e_h.jpg

Full transparency: My painter (Ashkan) took theses pictures of the head he painted for me on his PF but mine pretty much looks the same.

IMO both of Sideshow's older comic-based Batman PFs are very good statues. You can't go wrong with either of them. Both have a lot of presence, and very accurate to the source material. While I personally prefer the black/grey suit+pouch belt combo in the comics vs the blue/grey+capsule belt, I think that the latter's PF representation is better made: better fitting suit, very good headsculpt, well-painted (I think the paint on the belt could have been better to eliminate the plastic/PVC/rubber look) and very good QC overall.

I also own and love the Arkham Asylum version. I think it's an underrated PF, but I personally love it. The pose grew on me, and I'm really impressed by the sculpt. The fabric cape is really nice as well, drapes naturally and no worries of flaking overtime as it's not pleather.

The base for me is just a mess. It's just 3 random things smashed together. A tombstone, a statue and a chimney.

Personally, I have so many things I have problem with this statue. The hunchback, chaps, old man looking portrait (which doesn’t go along with the trinity or other JL), overkill boots, and Gotham gaslight looking cape. Sideshow really went overboard with this piece.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

After receiving my Sideshow Batman PF, I tried a few custom heads.

The one I use the most now is the Jim Lee head by Tony Mei which to me turns this into my favorite 1/4 Batman statue.

36476512613_f985dfa01a_h.jpg

36476586793_d75f464097_h.jpg

36476510373_dd7db92e5e_h.jpg

Full transparency: My painter (Ashkan) took theses pictures of the head he painted for me on his PF but mine pretty much looks the same.

Are there any other custom heads sculpted for this original PF? That's my biggest complaint of the original; the head is too small and the neck too long. I would love to replace the head but I don't care for the Jim Lee design. I wish someone would sculpt a better Neal Adams head that sits properly on this statue.

Personally, I have so many things I have problem with this statue. The hunchback, chaps, old man looking portrait (which doesn’t go along with the trinity or other JL), overkill boots, and Gotham gaslight looking cape. Sideshow really went overboard with this piece.

Dang I can't unsee this now this is bang on!

Xm batman. You got essentially loads of statues in one. Batman beyond included. I am biased though as I own it 😂😂😂

I can't see the first batman pf as anything but a fail. Saggy fabric, topple prone base, and the entire torso is at odds with itself, the head and the legs. It's a disaster of proportions.

The only 1/4 scale Batman statue I have in my collection is the XM Batman. I made that the "modern" Batman for my collection. Its the only one I've liked so far.

I'm still waiting on a 1/4 scale "classic" Batman statue to add to my collection. A 1/4 scale version of either these two (below) ...or something close to them would be ideal:

71%2Bb64J7LkL._SY450_.jpg

71ZWkdVGtlL._SY550_.jpg

Hello Im looking to add a Batman statue to my collection at some point and Id like to know and see what your favorites are. Im leaning towards 1/4 scale for space reasons so please share photos of your favorites,doesnt matter what company produced it or even if its customs, old or new and upcoming,Id like to see em thanks!

this is still one of my all time favorites

IMG_8758.jpg

The only 1/4 scale Batman statue I have in my collection is the XM Batman. I made that the "modern" Batman for my collection. Its the only one I've liked so far.

I'm still waiting on a 1/4 scale "classic" Batman statue to add to my collection. A 1/4 scale version of either these two (below) ...or something close to them would be ideal:

71ZWkdVGtlL._SY550_.jpg

I've found the same issue. Loads of good Batman stuff in 1/6 scale both statues and figures and some awesome 1/3 pieces from Prime 1 but at 1/4 scale very slim pickings indeed.

The new Sideshow PF only added to the frustration. They could have delivered something awesome based on Neil Adams, Jim Lee or Frank Miller etc. Or, if they wanted to go the modern route, got ahead of the game and base it on his upcoming new suit shown in the recent Doomsday Clock.

71ZWkdVGtlL._SY550_.jpg

Oh wow! I have all these 3 and I definitely agree on what you just said. I also have SS Blue version modern Bat. SS modern Bat is good the only thing I hate about this is the fabric but even if SS modern is fully sculpted it's hard to beat XM.

I've found the same issue. Loads of good Batman stuff in 1/6 scale both statues and figures and some awesome 1/3 pieces from Prime 1 but at 1/4 scale very slim pickings indeed.

The new Sideshow PF only added to the frustration. They could have delivered something awesome based on Neil Adams, Jim Lee or Frank Miller etc. Or, if they wanted to go the modern route, got ahead of the game and base it on his upcoming new suit shown in the recent Doomsday Clock.

And this is the part that it's really hard for me to understand about SS. Why do they create their own version of Batman. pardon my ignorance but if they copy let's says Jim Lee or Frank Miller design. Are they going to pay royalty? Is this why they don't base their statue from other artist's work? If Prime1 can do this I'm pretty sure they can do it too right? Prime1's Batman Noel and Hush looks like it's base out of artist's work. not to mention the new Master Race Bat.

If it's priced at $350, I think it will be not bad and worth getting haha

And this is the part that it's really hard for me to understand about SS. Why do they create their own version of Batman. pardon my ignorance but if they copy let's says Jim Lee or Frank Miller design. Are they going to pay royalty? Is this why they don't base their statue from other artist's work? If Prime1 can do this I'm pretty sure they can do it too right? Prime1's Batman Noel and Hush looks like it's base out of artist's work. not to mention the new Master Race Bat.

:exactly: This is what drives collectors crazy, we don't want their version of the character. We want something we recognise from a comic, movie or whatever. At least the WW looks good and Superman like the design or not is recognisably rebirth inspired.

I definitely blame Sideshow for the lack of good 1/4 scale Batman statues. In fact, I don’t like any of the batman figure, statue, PF etc. made by Sideshow. They pump out so many batman figures/statues/PFs every year but they are all disappointing.

Last edited:

I don't think Sideshow (or any collectible company) has to pay royalties to the artist for their design, unless it would be labeled as such e.g. "Frank Miller series" where the artist is likely to also be asked to design the statue. If they make a Gaslight Batman, they don't have to pay Mignola, unless they use his name to market it.

Spider-Gwen was not designed by Brooks, but the line was under Mark Brooks series so I'm sure he got paid for it but did Sideshow pay Robbie Rodriguez for his Spider-Gwen design? I don't think so.

Same with Granov, who designed the new statue based on the Extremis costume he made for the comics, I'm sure he got paid for it. Now he Co-designed a lot of the movie armors, say for example Marks II and III. I don't think Sideshow nor HT had to pay Granov for designing them (As they were work-for-hire by Marvel Studios), but Sideshow sends him complimentaries of the statue and the figures, which is a nice gesture but not an obligation for Sideshow to do.

Prime 1 bases a lot of their statues (even those under the fame license) from comicbook art like Del Otto's TDKR Batman and Reis' splash page of Black Manta, but I doubt they pay nor give copies to the artists (I hope they do).

TLDR: I think Sideshow can make certain comic-accurate pieces without paying royalties to the artists for their design of the costume, but they'd rather make their own.

Back