Bespin Luke 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2127_press05-001.jpg

FANTASTIC!!! :chew

ES: 1980

Sweet!

Sideshow still needs to resculpt that force push hand, looks awkward as hell

2127_press08-001.jpg

(The fact it's already this far in the line is shameful) :monkey4 :monkey3

For instance:
Boromir was 1750 exc and 2000 regular (3750 total)

And Han Solo was 2000 exc and 8000 regular (1000 total)

There it is. Clear as PURPLE CRAYON!!!! :lol I would imagine the Indy line will se numbers comparable to LOTR rather than SW. hence the 69.99 price tag.

I really like this figure. I'm not as excited for him as I was about Old Ben, but Bespin Luke is close on the excite-o-meter. :chew

I agree with you Pix about Indy... I could see the first release most likely being somewhere in the middle, or closer to LOTR, like 1750 exc, and 4000 regular.

I think the exclusive will sell pretty quickly... but I don't know if the fanbase is rabid enough about 1/6 to snatch up the rest as quickly. And when you start getting into supporting characters I think the numbers will be closer to LOTR, if not lower like Terminator.

Also they'll have to contend with the glut of new Indy stuff... I guess a lot of companies were waiting for the hype of the new film to get product going.

I Imagine another factor with him staying at the lower $54.99 price is that SS sells many more of these figures compared to the LOTR line.

For instance:
Boromir was 1750 exc and 2000 regular (3750 total)

And Han Solo was 2000 exc and 8000 regular (1000 total)

2000 + 8000 = 10,000 (just helping out here :D).

But yes, the SW line makes them more money.

Sideshow still needs to resculpt that force push hand, looks awkward as hell

2127_press08-001.jpg

(The fact it's already this far in the line is shameful) :monkey4 :monkey3

Yes, I've noticed that as well. The hand is way to big. Looks like SSC is cutting corners already! They are using the same hand as on RotJ Luke! Making a new hand would probably upped the price...

I agree with you Pix about Indy... I could see the first release most likely being somewhere in the middle, or closer to LOTR, like 1750 exc, and 4000 regular.

I think the exclusive will sell pretty quickly... but I don't know if the fanbase is rabid enough about 1/6 to snatch up the rest as quickly. And when you start getting into supporting characters I think the numbers will be closer to LOTR, if not lower like Terminator.

Can't imagine anyone picking up a Marion or Sallah in 1/6th except for die-hards like me.

Yes, I've noticed that as well. The hand is way to big. Looks like SSC is cutting corners already! They are using the same hand as on RotJ Luke! Making a new hand would probably upped the price...

It has been the same hand for nearly all of Sideshow's SW release.

Why is using the same hand such a big deal? How is that cutting corners? Unless its something totally brand new like Kit, Plo, Maul, etc. Why make a brand new hand for every figure. If it fits with the figure 2 me it's not that big of a deal plus it saves you money. ;)
-----------------------------------------

I would like to see a gun holding left hand on these guys though. So I could go lightsaber in one hand and gun in the other. :D

Well, if he comes close to what they had @ SDCC. This figure will kick ass IMO. He looked great!!

Can't imagine anyone picking up a Marion or Sallah in 1/6th except for die-hards like me.

Sadly probably not... I'm mostly just be interested in Indy and Toht.

And just to make you extra angry, they've used the same hand in all of the human Jedi so far... those bastards!!!

A little comparison...

2127_press08-001.jpg

Or...

2127_press06-001.jpg

Definitely going to order this SS offering-- but either I'll pose him with his blaster out as he was first landing on Dagobah or arriving on Cloud City or it'll be off with the jacket (especially if corrections aren't made in the collar and pockets) and have Yoda on his shoulders for a Dagobah Luke.

Very happy that I got Hurricane to make me a Bespin Luke.:D

Dude what is with the monkey arms again???!!!! Looks like i'm gonna have to swap another SS body for a HT one.

Other than that, I really like him. Clothes and accessories look pretty cool, i'll just probably order because that was my favorite of the films.

Back