Besides true type what other bodies can I use with Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datoyattic

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I am trying to do a t-1000 custom right now and i notice that hot toys use a peg to attach the boots and hands. Is there another body type that would be cheaper that I can use to attach the boots and hands onto with out paying almost 50 bucks?

I normally use DID bodies but the shoes that go on them fit on the entire foot not a peg.

Yes they are easy to swap, and the TTL pegs are the same, they work vice versa. One thing to notice about the TTL bodies is that they tend to have shorter arm length.

Another body you should look at is the ACI body, but they are not narrow shoulders like the one that comes with the t-1000 but it's worth to take a look for future bashes. They are around $25 and looks like a straight copy of the regular true type.

another option is the Triad toys omega Body. the feet and writs pegs will work as well and the price is low.

Great advice everyone. I was looking at the TTL bodies but the hands look like its not using a peg but like a little stick that goes into the arm is this true? if so how do i work around it?

Also does anyone know what the difference is between TTL 1.0 & 2.0?

one more question is there anywhere in the US to buy these bodies i'm getting over waiting to get things from hong kong

Here's a shot of the TTL wrist joint, same as HT true type. In fact, the hands are also direct copies of true type hands. The 1.0 has a slimmer chest than the 2.0, I think that's the only difference between them.

Picture1.jpg

Be warned though that the T-1000 body used the slim TT forearms, so its likely the forearms will be too thick if you use anything but a T-1000 body.

Back