Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably Art of War pvc. For some reason my 1/8 Guts had line cuts, but it's not articulated.

Here's my current setup after getting Femto.

eZ3RoLb.jpg

This isn't mine but does anyone know what model or make this Zodd is from? Is it art of war or something? He looks articulated.

20637926_1661335667241537_6587296329233791575_n.jpg

It's one Art of War's Zodd "Action Figures", there are 3 versions:
-Bloody with red eyes https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/309
-Non-bloody with red eyes https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/303
-Bloody with black eyes https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/302

What a coincidence though, I just received the same Zodd fig (bloody red eyes version though) in the mail the other day. I bought it on Yahoo!Japan Auctions and won it for about $45 (but with proxy fees and shipping it ended up being $75).

It's a really great Zodd figure and imo is one of the most accurate-looking Zodd figures out there. For an old figure, the sculpt and paint are really detailed.
He's a little smaller in scale compared to the other figmas, but he's quite massive. It's really cool because you have the choice to attach the wings on his back (which are huge by the way).
Was thinking of saving up to get one of the AoW Zodd statues, but the action fig is probably the best out there. It's too bad it's rare to find.

It's one Art of War's Zodd "Action Figures", there are 3 versions:
-Bloody with red eyes https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/309
-Non-bloody with red eyes https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/303
-Bloody with black eyes https://www.art-of-war.jp/product/302

What a coincidence though, I just received the same Zodd fig (bloody red eyes version though) in the mail the other day. I bought it on Yahoo!Japan Auctions and won it for about $45 (but with proxy fees and shipping it ended up being $75).

It's a really great Zodd figure and imo is one of the most accurate-looking Zodd figures out there. For an old figure, the sculpt and paint are really detailed.
He's a little smaller in scale compared to the other figmas, but he's quite massive. It's really cool because you have the choice to attach the wings on his back (which are huge by the way).
Was thinking of saving up to get one of the AoW Zodd statues, but the action fig is probably the best out there. It's too bad it's rare to find.

Honestly the AoW figures are pretty awesome. I have one that I bought of the Black Swordsman version of Guts last year at an anime convention, and besides the face sculpt being a little odd it's awesome. The overall sculpt and paint details are great, especially considering how old they are and how much they retailed for. I really want to pick up a few more to display with my figmas (zodd, shierke, isidro and Skull Knight specifically)

Took off the two capes that go on the chest under his front cloak for a bit more room. Plus the pegs were a little flimsy and had to re-attach one with glue.

IMG_20170821_184118.jpg

Zerogouki- Just realized you're Speir from Spawn boards. Those were the days.

Caped Baldy- That sucks man! My Femto peg broke on the middle part of the cloak. They are indeed very flimsy.

Zerogouki- Just realized you're Speir from Spawn boards. Those were the days.

Caped Baldy- That sucks man! My Femto peg broke on the middle part of the cloak. They are indeed very flimsy.

Ha ha, yep! I loved that forum, it was actually the first one I ever joined!

Just bought this painted resin statue of Zodd in his human form from eBay, it was listed as "1/10 scale" and is 8.5 inches tall including the base.

s-l1600.jpg

I was REALLY drawn to it because it's from my favorite Human Zodd manga panel.
Also I think it's actually a completely original sculpt by the seller. I've looked around on different Japanese garage kit sites and among a couple Human Zodd kits that exist, I don't recognize this one.

Overall the sculpt and painting look pretty good, except that the hair is a bit short and also the black line of a mouth, yikes...might paint over it to fix it after I receive it. I'll admit he doesn't look 100% exactly like he does in the panel but I think it looks good.

I swear, Human Zodd figures are kind of hit-and-miss. The Art of War rendition has a really big forehead, and other renditions such as Japanese garage kits tend to have proportion or face problems.

Anyways, the seller also has this other Human Zodd painted up for grabs by the way. The sculpt is from a Japanese garage kit, originally.
Painting looks really good but the face doesn't look 100% Zodd to me for some reason.

^Is the panel you're talking about in vol 23 when Zodd is shown just before Sonya takes Mule up to the hill where Griffith is manipulating the souls of the dead? Can't recall another time where he's posed like this in that attire.

The Griffith scene is quite sinister though it may not seem so at first. Showing the souls of the dead to their loved ones before sending them off "to where they become one". Yeah we know exactly where they're being sent to.

^Is the panel you're talking about in vol 23 when Zodd is shown just before Sonya takes Mule up to the hill where Griffith is manipulating the souls of the dead? Can't recall another time where he's posed like this in that attire.

The Griffith scene is quite sinister though it may not seem so at first. Showing the souls of the dead to their loved ones before sending them off "to where they become one". Yeah we know exactly where they're being sent to.

Yup, exactly. Here's the panel:
Brute_Zodd.jpg

It's one of the few moments where we see Zodd having more of a calm demeanor ever since he was introduced as an immortal monster in the Golden Age.

Got my ThreeZero Guts today, from thinkgeek, in stock fast shipping.

Really amazing looking figure. Thought in product shots the head looked small but figure in hand the head looks about right.

Details on the armor and sword look really good.

The pvc covering makes his arms look good in most poses since there no joints to worry about. And they have plenty of movement, not messed with the legs much but i have seen people break the leg armor apart at the hip which makes it droop down, but some like that it gives you much more mobility with the legs period, be careful to try and avoid it if you are going to be doing some crazy leg poses. I just put his sword in hand chucked it over his shoulder and stood him with the stand, np at all, the arm keeps it steady bends far enough back to rest the dragonslayer on his shoulder and imagine he will be like that for a good long while.

Face sculpt is not perfect or the best out there, but it is good. It looks like guts it had details like the scar on his nose, and the rage face has little cuts and scraps on the face. It looks like a younger guts than you see towards the end of the recent arcs. There is no white detail in the hair, but imagine that would be a easy thing for one to mod if they wanted that.

Crossbow has nice detailing on it, comes with 2 extra arms, so likely there are enough issues with these things being delicate, but seems like something that if you take some care and don't let your kids get it it should be ok.

Dragonslayer is massive, thick, fairly heavy, just like the books, no chance of this thing breaking short of a massive fall maybe, you got to bend the fingers and thumb out on the hands to get this thing into them, best way to do this is put the hand onto the sword grip then the hand into the wrist peg, but once done correctly the wrist holds the thing well, the arms bends and hold position with the sword in well, really impressive. Have yet to try and do a 2 handed grip which some say is impossible, but will give it a try one day when this pose needs changing.

Cape is heavily weathered and wired, looks dusty and just beat to hell, thick canvas like material and a decently thick wire running the edges, best way to get this on is to clip the cape together at the neck with has a tiny metal hook you have to get into the opposite side, and is impossible to put it on directly trying to clip it around his neck, but put it together it should be neck sized pop guts head off which is rubber and comes off easily, put the cape over the neck pop the head back on, then shape the rest of the cape around him.

The stand, the stand is passable but not the greatest, it works for the figure, but if you want it really held securely, you best bet is to get a 3rd party stand. that can support or clamp the figure to make sure it is not going anywhere if it gets bumped.

No camera so i did a text review. I love the figure in person, looks better than most pics i have seen or videos i watched, the pvc coating over the figure frame just trumps the joints solution and makes this arms look so much better, nm jointed figures issues over time where joints wear out or in worse cases snap at some point, supposedly this new pvc rubber will not crack over time or frequent posing, that their old plastic had issues with, time will tell, but i have seen people paranoid about posing because of their old figures issues, they claim it is fixed.

So yea aside from some areas where i think they could have done a little bit more and made the figure more durable in how the armor is attached, some straps or chains that hooked the pieces on or together in spots, and the stand i love this glad i finally picked one up at a decent price.

I hope it comes with a Caska that you can attach at will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back