Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky that no issues with SK or Guts. I'll send good vibes your way for when you get yours.

Though, I'm half tempted in opening my other exclusive SK to see if he's alright.

Does anyone's Skull Knight have loose ankles? The one I sent back were rock solid while the replacement are weak. I might stick some cut up rubber into the ball joints, that always works. I'm just afraid of ripping them off and breaking something in process.

You bought two Skull Knights?

Yeah, one to open and one to keep in the box (Never done it with any of my collection, only SK)

On the ankle question, I'd say you're not the only one. So far nothing wrong with mine except a little rust in the gadgetry which is odd since I haven't used it.

So you got loose ankles too? They should of just used ratchet joints. I gave it a good look the other day with a flashlight and it's indeed a standard ball joint. I should be able to get it off. I buy rubber gloves to fix problems like this. Just cut the finger tips off and wrap them on the ball and pop them in, and the resistance can be increased by just folding it to your desired level of resistance.

Every custom female figure I've put together, I had to rib the arms and legs out and use rubber for the shoulders and hips. Works every time.

I much prefer that method over using clear nail polish. That's gross and you gotta wait for it to dry and it may not even work.

Latest episode was great. It's been a long time waiting to hear SK call Slan 'whore princess of the uterine sea' in anime form.

Sad thing is, Slan calls SK King here and yet people still won't believe Gaiseric = SK. :slap

I did some surgery on Skull Knight's ankles. I got them double the resistance now or more. I tried a few methods, but what works was getting half an inch or so of duct tape, folding the sticky side on itself and folding it into a rectangle. Stuff it in the foot and hear the ball joint up and voila. I can now stand him up completely straight.

FYI the only thing keeping the ankles strong is a thin piece of rubber tape so mine must of been ******. I ripped it off in place of the duct tape.

guys which is the best version of guts? the dark knight RAH or threezero ?
it is funny that I somewhat prefer the RAH version for the ability of moving his pupil around. it's like having multiple face expression which is very awesome lol. and am I the only one that feel like the face in threezero version quite small compared to the big body? while in RAH the face is perfectly match the body size.

If you don't want it to come with quality control issues, buy the Medicom. I own both. Although be wary of the cape since it may stain the face.

sorry but which versions you mean in quality control issues? rah or threezero? and how is the cape stain the face ?

RAH. Depending on how you have the cape around his neck, it might bleed onto his jaw line. Happened to mine.

If you want to fiddle around and pose the figure then Medicom might be the way to go. Very little gets in the way of articulation on those but you have to deal with more visible joints which some people don't like on figures at this scale. If you just want something that looks good on your shelf that you don't intend to do much extreme posing with go for the Threezero.
Also depends on how cartoonish you want the figure to look. The Medicom's lean more towards a cleaner/anime look vs the Threezero that tries to have a more realistic detailed/weathered finish to it.
You kind of win regardless of which direction you go. Currently I display the Medicom Band of the Hawk Guts with the Threezero Black Swordsman.

If you want to fiddle around and pose the figure then Medicom might be the way to go. Very little gets in the way of articulation on those but you have to deal with more visible joints which some people don't like on figures at this scale. If you just want something that looks good on your shelf that you don't intend to do much extreme posing with go for the Threezero.
Also depends on how cartoonish you want the figure to look. The Medicom's lean more towards a cleaner/anime look vs the Threezero that tries to have a more realistic detailed/weathered finish to it.
You kind of win regardless of which direction you go. Currently I display the Medicom Band of the Hawk Guts with the Threezero Black Swordsman.

yeah I heard that the threezero has some issues with posing, but only in the first batch isn't it?

yeah I heard that the threezero has some issues with posing, but only in the first batch isn't it?

It's not so much a batch issue as much as simply a design one. He has so many free floating parts with the armor and layered straps/belts that he just feels fragile and it's not fun to move armor around and adjust things to actually get poses you want - especially when you are afraid you are going to break one of those small straps or clasps. That plus the seamless rubber covered arms having less elbow bend range which absolutely limits posing options - and the fact that you can't leave those rubber covered elbows bent for lengthy periods of time for fear of the rubber cracking makes it something you probably wouldn't be leaving posed all that dynamically (I certainly don't). And then theres the broken thumb issue that has been posted about quite a bit over the last few pages.

Don't get me wrong - I love the figure. It looks awesome and is probably visually my ideal version of Guts in this armor at this scale. But the Medicom is just way more fun to fiddle around with. And I never feel like something is going to break - which considering the long legacy of Medicom 1/6 figures historically being super fragile is pretty crazy. Take in mind this is all based on my relatively limited exposure to them (only had the Threezero for a few weeks and the Medicoms for a week), so maybe opinions on these will change with time.

It's not so much a batch issue as much as simply a design one. He has so many free floating parts with the armor and layered straps/belts that he just feels fragile and it's not fun to move armor around and adjust things to actually get poses you want - especially when you are afraid you are going to break one of those small straps or clasps. That plus the seamless rubber covered arms having less elbow bend range which absolutely limits posing options - and the fact that you can't leave those rubber covered elbows bent for lengthy periods of time for fear of the rubber cracking makes it something you probably wouldn't be leaving posed all that dynamically (I certainly don't). And then theres the broken thumb issue that has been posted about quite a bit over the last few pages.

Don't get me wrong - I love the figure. It looks awesome and is probably visually my ideal version of Guts in this armor at this scale. But the Medicom is just way more fun to fiddle around with. And I never feel like something is going to break - which considering the long legacy of Medicom 1/6 figures historically being super fragile is pretty crazy. Take in mind this is all based on my relatively limited exposure to them (only had the Threezero for a few weeks and the Medicoms for a week), so maybe opinions on these will change with time.

wow, this is awesome man, I really appreciate your detailed replay this was very helpful.
the problem that I like to keep all my figures in my collection in dynamic posing, so this not gonna work with threezero version? I don't want to break something or make any problem for the figure just because of some dynamic poses lol. if dark knight RAH very good in term of posing and articulation so I think maybe will be my choice ? plus I really like how to move the pupil around this is awesome like having many face expressions.

wow, this is awesome man, I really appreciate your detailed replay this was very helpful.
the problem that I like to keep all my figures in my collection in dynamic posing, so this not gonna work with threezero version? I don't want to break something or make any problem for the figure just because of some dynamic poses lol. if dark knight RAH very good in term of posing and articulation so I think maybe will be my choice ? plus I really like how to move the pupil around this is awesome like having many face expressions.
It's mostly doable on the threezero outside of any deep elbow bends (that's not happening with those arms). Sounds like the Medicom is the way to go for you though it's a bit more $$$ than the 3zero option if that's a motivating factor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

New chapter is out. Seems like they are breezing through this part of the story. Kinda nostalgic seeing all of her memories

Is the reissue of the Threezero Guts still trickling out or is he still impossible to find except via scalpers?

Back