Beneath the Planet of the Apes Jail and Sideshow Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent additions all!!!
I have a slave wagon, regular wagon, bomb and Icarus in the works...well planning out/drawing plans stage. I am in the process of adding the colored tunics to the lead mutants and trying to replicate the ceremonial robes [hey, if anyone bought a mutant and doesn't need the robe, PLMK], rifle scabbards for the horses, better belts and bandoliers, new heads [working a couple of things other than Urko] as well as trying to adapt a few existing heads into Burke and Virdon.
Someone who sent me a few of his ape sculpts suggested trying Aves apoxie clay. I have bought a pound [its a 2 part compound] and am also experimenting with turning existing heads into apes in a kind of 1:6 John Chambers way. I've started to try sewing [this will take more time/patience].
After seeing this jail I am considering trying that out but doubt it will come close to the accuracy that DD achieved.
I have also started to recast my photostory at the same time as all this and have, at least preliminarily, been able to mold all the timelines so that I may be able to have TV meet film and then some.
Now if I just had a few thousand $ to splurge and about 3 years off to make it all work. :rolleyes:

Hey Ironman
How is the "Save the Apes" campain going? Did we ever get enough names to send to Sideshow? You know, a lot of the post I have read on here, and also a Yahoo group dedicated to the Apes TV series, I think Sideshow ought to at least do a figure from the TV show to see how it sales. I think they would be surprised no matter what any one else says. They could very easily do an Urko or Zaius from the series since they are already half made. but if I were them, I would do an Urko before Zaius. I would also make Urko with a removable helment. If they did a Pete or Alan I think they would sale really well. The movies have a following but the TV series has a cult following which usually seems to out do the other followings.
What is the difference between the regular wagon and the slave wagon?

Oh, buy the way everybody, today (1-8) is my Birthday!!!:banana :joy :horror :google
I am 16!!!! (Well, 36 really)

Happy Birthday Dr.

:fest :fest :fest

I think the regular wagon is the flatbed.

Another cool enviroment peice beside the Scarecrows would be the display rack that the apres used to hang their prey upside down.

I had toyed with the idea [pun intended] of using the hasbro apes for the scarecrows. LOL
The campaign hasn't gotten the numbers I feel it needs to get sent on to Sideshow. I hope to revitalize it once Urko arrives as well as a few other little things in the works. I won't be giving up. It does seem easier to get folks from this type of forum to participate than the general Ape forums where figures are not a main thrust.
Rest assured, if I can help it, the APES will return!!!
Oh, and Happy Birthday DZ!!! :banana

Thanks all for the Birthday greetings!!!
I have a fellow re-painting my Forbidden Zone Taylor and Astronaut Taylor and when I get them back I will post some pics of his repainted heads.

Back