Being Human on BBC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
My wife just introduced to me to this show. It is about a vampire, werewolf and ghost all living in the same house. Sounds like it would be a comedy right? Wrong, it is a drama on BBC. It has it's comedic moments but over all it has a serious tone. I recommend you check it out. It is on demand for those of you with comcast and it also comes on Saturdays at 9 on BBC America. It's a really good show. It just started and is only about 4 eps in.

I tried it but I just can't get into it. I felt it really sucked. I just couldn't get past the Vampire being able to go out into the sunlight without them explaining that at all. Either he should have burned up or sparkled right? A little more clarification on just what "type" of vampire they are going with on the first episode would have been helpful.

I wanted to like this show since its about werewolves and vampires and ghosts, but it just didn't click with me right.

I tried it but I just can't get into it. I felt it really sucked. I just couldn't get past the Vampire being able to go out into the sunlight without them explaining that at all. Either he should have burned up or sparkled right? A little more clarification on just what "type" of vampire they are going with on the first episode would have been helpful.

I wanted to like this show since its about werewolves and vampires and ghosts, but it just didn't click with me right.

There are vampire stories where they can go out during the day but it weakens them the longer they stay out i.e Moonlight. The vamp could be in sun but it weakened him. So they are going with that type of vampire. It took me back a minute as well but I was able to get past it since all the other traits of a vamp were there.

I love this show! When they first told me about the show, I thought it was lame...I mean come on...a vampire, werewolf and ghost living in a house together sounds like a set up for a joke. But I started to watch it...and I love it!!! The Werewolf dude is HAWT!!! =D

There are vampire stories where they can go out during the day but it weakens them the longer they stay out i.e Moonlight. The vamp could be in sun but it weakened him. So they are going with that type of vampire. It took me back a minute as well but I was able to get past it since all the other traits of a vamp were there.

Bram Stoker's Dracula can walk around in the daylight, but he is almost powerless. I guess that's what the show based there Vampire's on

But it is the fact they didn't bother to explain that that I didn't like. There are so many different versions of vampires and everyone has their own rules about them. But most people assume vampires burn in the sunlight (or sparkle more recently :rolleyes:) so not even addressing that was poor writing. From the first episode we knew the werewolf changes during the full moon and the ghost can only be seen my "monsters" and certain humans. Yet they didn't explain how/why the vampire can go out in the sun, let alone eat and drink non-blood things.

I've been watching it, but haven't really got into it too much. I really like the girl playing the ghost and her story is more interesting for me. The werewolf is too whiney and the vampire seems kind of lame. I don't have too much problem with the way they're handling the vampire rules - but they should at least explain the larger deviations from tradition. To keep stuff like their image can't be captured, but then they can go out in sunlight as long as they have on sunglasses - it's a bit of a cop out.

I really like it. and I think they did a great job with the werewolve transformation. a lot of times when you see that on tv series they make it look cheesey. but it was awesome! Im loving this. I think it will just get better. I ve only seen 3 or 4 ep. Theres so few supernatural show on tv like this so Im willing to give it a shot.

I've been watching it, but haven't really got into it too much. I really like the girl playing the ghost and her story is more interesting for me. The werewolf is too whiney and the vampire seems kind of lame. I don't have too much problem with the way they're handling the vampire rules - but they should at least explain the larger deviations from tradition. To keep stuff like their image can't be captured, but then they can go out in sunlight as long as they have on sunglasses - it's a bit of a cop out.

Hopefully they will explain it. It is only 4 eps in so far. I am sure they will say something about it eventually. I think it is 2 or 3 seasons in, in Europe so if anyone across the pond knows if they explain it in the first season can you let us know?

No they dont as far as i can remember, but its been ages since it was 1st aired. The 2nd season is starting soon i will let u know if they do.

theres a marathon going on the BBC AMERICA channel....the season finales is tonight...just letting u guys/gals know!

Last edited:
The season finale was good. It looks like they are going even further with the story. This should be interesting.

Back