Before Watchmen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to like my idea more and more. If DC absolutely had to do something with the property, do a Watchmen "Redux" where you get some of the top artists in the industry to "cover" a few pages/chapters/whatever in a tribute to the original. You wouldn't piss the hardcore fans off as much, since it's still Moore's original work, but you'd still intrigue people enough to probably buy it.

I think DC has already burnt that bridge :lol

Okay, so Before Watchmen sucks overall, and the idea of JMS writing yet another series (Moloch) makes me want to kick puppies.

But... this cover is amazing:

BW_MOLOCH_Cv1_solicit.jpg

As is this cover for Comedian #5:

BW_COMED_Cv5_solicit.jpg

Why does Moloch need a prequel series?

I was under the impression he was a fairly minor character.

Why does Moloch need a prequel series?

I was under the impression he was a fairly minor character.

I think this transpired after Joe Kubert died. He was inking the Nite Owl series (also written by JMS). He passed before finishing issues 3 and 4 so they fell a month or so behind. Moloch is now a 2-issue series to fill in those release slots while Bill Sienkiewicz steps in and inks Nite Owl 3 & 4.

The series is getting better; the one that's most consistently delivered being Ozymandius, in my opinion. Going back a little bit, though, I want to once again address the Edward Blake/JFK conundrum. I already admitted that I was wrong, but, Jesus, the "Before Watchmen" continuities can't even keep it straight. So, Azzarrello's Comedian book says that Blake and Kennedy were friends, and that Blake was shocked by his death, but JMS's Dr.Manhattan says that one of the quantum possibilities is that JFK was assassinated by Blake (that book is all over the place, man; I have no clue)? :huh

The series is getting better; the one that's most consistently delivered being Ozymandius, in my opinion. Going back a little bit, though, I want to once again address the Edward Blake/JFK conundrum. I already admitted that I was wrong, but, Jesus, the "Before Watchmen" continuities can't even keep it straight. So, Azzarrello's Comedian book says that Blake and Kennedy were friends, and that Blake was shocked by his death, but JMS's Dr.Manhattan says that one of the quantum possibilities is that JFK was assassinated by Blake (that book is all over the place, man; I have no clue)? :huh

That's because they don't, either. They don't care. This was clearly just a paycheck for the writers and editors.

So, did Taxi Driver take place in the world of Watchmen, or is this just an incredibly awesome nod?

D755C9EC-2712-46B4-908E-FD9C224CC850-318-00000014DD5630BD.jpg

Has anyone else been reading this? There were some things I didn't like; for example, some of the books contradicted others, but, overall, I really liked it, and I think they succeeded in adding to the Watchmen mythos. Dollar Bill, for example, was a character who was nothing more than a set piece in the original book; a cautionary tale, if you will, but Before Watchmen made him more than that. By fleshing out his character, his death has an impact.

Back