Beast comiquette - advice on fixing broken glasses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mutant-man

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey, gang. Got a Beast Comiquette on eBay, but his glasses arrived broken.
7azyqu6y.jpg

I tried super gluing them back, but there's not enough surface to really bind the pieces together. Has anyone found a decent solution? I know I'm not the only one who experienced this problem, so I'm hoping someone has some practical ideas.

Thanks.

Use a dab of super glue

I tried, and I even used foam to support the pieces for several hours, but it immediately folded back in and didn't hold. There's just not enough surface to make a good connection. I'm going to call Sideshow and see what the suggest or if they will do something about it (doubtful).

I tried, and I even used foam to support the pieces for several hours, but it immediately folded back in and didn't hold. There's just not enough surface to make a good connection. I'm going to call Sideshow and see what the suggest or if they will do something about it (doubtful).

I have fixed very small pieces on my kids toys with model glue from a local model shop.

What about a piece of black tape?

Like electrical tape? Maybe gaffer's tape would work, but these glasses are stupidly fragile. Thanks for tips, guys. If anyone else has a suggestion, please chime in!

I don't know how complicated it can be, but have you thought of making your own custom glasses? If I were you I'd try using some bendable black wire or something like that. It is not very expensive, so it doesn't hurt to try.

Another option could be searching the bay for toy glasses. Who knows, there might be something interesting........

Last edited:
Right on. Thanks, guys. I also called Sideshow, and the guy recommended using something called fast zap. Apparently it's super glue that dries instantly. I asked if they kept spare parts, but he said they only do for a short time before junking them.

I may try the wire bit since I don't think it'll really be visible when on display.

Back