• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Be carefull trading with Laporta89

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybat

Super Freak
Reaction score
The above buyer came out of the blue and asked me if I would like to trade his "never opened" dx12 Batman for my Hot toys Whiplash ?
I said sure Yes why not. I got to ther end of a lot of emailing but then decided to check his feedback. He had one good feedback in 12 months and only joined this board last year. Asked the Laport89 to send me his item as he has no checkable feedback and I had plenty of feedback to check over and freinds to back this up. I said I would receive his item and as soon as it was in my hands my item would go out, from that point on he stopped emailing. I smelt a rat so please watch out.

Not sure this warrants your smear campaign.

Someone with no checkable feedback stops responding as soon as they find out they would have to mail first? He just states objective facts and his subjective "gut feeling" which is the same reaction most traders would probably have gotten. Maybe you should thank the TS and just move along, troll. :pfft:
Its a friendly warning, sheesh.

The above buyer came out of the blue and asked me if I would like to trade his "never opened" dx12 Batman for my Hot toys Whiplash ?
I said sure Yes why not. I got to ther end of a lot of emailing but then decided to check his feedback. He had one good feedback in 12 months and only joined this board last year. Asked the Laport89 to send me his item as he has no checkable feedback and I had plenty of feedback to check over and freinds to back this up. I said I would receive his item and as soon as it was in my hands my item would go out, from that point on he stopped emailing. I smelt a rat so please watch out.

I think it's a good shout that you are posting here to warn others!
Thanks Steve :duff

Guys if the trader was an honest guy they would have responded with a no thank you and said I dont know you either and lets finnish it there but to simply stop responding ? Not a smear campaign just a heads up. A rapist carrys on rapeing until one person comes forward then the other victims follow(jimmy savillie). You see what im getting at. Dont know if they are doing this to others.

Last edited:
I see what youre saying, but Id be careful posting this stuff on here with no facts to go on, nor him doing anything wrong. Youre defacing his character, and could open yourself to all kinds of liability including defimation of character and slander. Juss saying.

I see what youre saying, but Id be careful posting this stuff on here with no facts to go on, nor him doing anything wrong. Youre defacing his character, and could open yourself to all kinds of liability including defimation of character and slander. Juss saying.

So now monkeybat going to be sued for his post?? Lmao. Don't worry me and the three stooges will defend you bro.

Last edited:
Good looking out, but maybe just stating what happened and not implying the guy is a rat might due to satisfy the whole thing. I too think the defamation issue issue bit moot for the internet, but the point is taken. Could be a thousand reasons why the guy stopped responding, but in the very least, it's not good conduct.

There's no point to this post. There are no forum rules stating that a trader with less feedback must send their item first before the other trader. Perhaps he was just like "forget it."

Hmmm...if I was told to send my item and I would get the trade only once it was recieved, I'd probably send a message politely telling the TP where to go (regardless of their feedback and standing on an internet forum) just saying.

Not sure this warrants your smear campaign.

its not a smear campaign , he is giving fellow freaks a heads up . besides it was only one post . do you know the definition of campaign ? too many fly by night up in these neck of the woods .

There are people who joined after 2007 who are trustworthy and have have good feedback and business transactions on these boards. Don't smear us all!!!

The people complaining that monkeybat posted the warning would be the same people whining when they got ripped off that no one warned them. You just can't win on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back