BD T2 paint up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyrabbit

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got around to painting this one a couple of days ago. Still need the right M79 grenades on the bandolier, though for the most its complete. Repainted the zacca launcher in base colors and still needs a bit of weathering.

Oh, I used a matt spray on this sculpt but found it gives a slightly shiny coating - kinda looks sweaty in areas, and also made the skin color highlights saturate a bit ..any recommendations on matt sealer brands that doesn't do this? I used Micador Matt Spray.

arniebd3.jpg

arniebd2.jpg

arniebd4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks small studios. Now that I look at these pics again, bit too much sun light in the shots makes the paint somewhat pale. Ah well, the paint's there lol.

I'm going to have to hit you up to do a paint on one of the many sculpts coming along soon ..maybe RE1 Milla when Chris has finished it, or his Dexter. Would be really nice to have one of your paint works in the collection :)

Got around to painting this one a couple of days ago. Still need the right M79 grenades on the bandolier, though for the most its complete. Repainted the zacca launcher in base colors and still needs a bit of weathering.

Oh, I used a matt spray on this sculpt but found it gives a slightly shiny coating - kinda looks sweaty in areas, and also made the skin color highlights saturate a bit ..any recommendations on matt sealer brands that doesn't do this? I used Micador Matt Spray.

arniebd3.jpg

arniebd2.jpg

arniebd4.jpg
For real matt, I use Testor dull coat which is widely used in the model hobby circle. It gives an absolute dull coat. However, some situation needs a semi-sheen, like human sweat, then the type you use is perfect. Just for your reference.

Thanks for the info yourbustop. I really need to hunt down a local source for testors products, as they seem to be hard to come by where I am located. Once I do get a hold of a local supplier though, I'm going to switch over to testors completely.

Really nice job on YOUR battle damaged arnie!! :)

Thanks for the info yourbustop. I really need to hunt down a local source for testors products, as they seem to be hard to come by where I am located. Once I do get a hold of a local supplier though, I'm going to switch over to testors completely.

Really nice job on YOUR battle damaged arnie!! :)
Sure, greyrabbit you are welcome. And thanks for your comments on my T800. I used Testor dull coat for the head, then used gloss red and chrome for the shinnyparts - exposed skin, endoskeleton part, blood. You will find the Testor line (bottled and spray cans) in Michael's Art Store, if you can find one closeby. I got mine there, but usually stock up when they are available as they run out fast.

Good luck!

Back