[bbkill] UPDATE P.68 cast arrived~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: bbkill's Sculpts: Tattoo, Craig, Predator, Gump

Ok,

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, I still want to see the revision before I commit. This is shaping up to be a superb head.

If only the big guys were as co-operative as you are....

bbkill's Sculpts: Tattoo, DC head sizing

Hi there, I manage to plug the girl head on a female body that I got it in local store.
I don't really know female body and this body is somewhat the best when compare with other bodies, good articulation and good looking collar bone piece. Seems like it's a bbi body here.
So, what size do you guys prefer for girl? From the pictures, the girl is about right on the female body. :rotfl

20120324_1.jpg

20120324_2.jpg

20120324_4.jpg

20120324_5.jpg

20120324_3.jpg

Re: bbkill's Sculpts: Tattoo, DC head sizing

I can't say I've really studied Rooney Mara that closely, it doesn't look too bad to me.

The body there is a TTL female with small breast. Size is about the same as a HT body. From the pic, I dare say you nailed the size of the head!!

As for Craig, you might want to consider 42mm instead. The Prison break head has always look a little big to me.

bbkill said:
So, what size do you guys prefer for girl? From the pictures, the girl is about right on the female body.
Her head looks a good size on that body to me, bbkill. The 1/1 scale Rooney Mara is 5' 3" according to IMDb.
I hope you can find a way to cast and sell these, as I think you've done a great job on both sculpts and I would definitely like to buy a couple. :)

Yes, that's true Craig should be 42mm the prison break head is indeed in the big size, I'm comparing it right now with other sculpts to confirm, and yes, it's a big noggin'.

As for Lisbeth, I think she could be a teeny bit bigger, IMHO. 1mm bigger maybe ?.

Ooh, ok, we'd better make a group decision as BBKill can only afford one more print run. If he doesn't nail down the size this time that's it.

Good call!

At least BBKill is prepared to do research. Others seem to sculpt without having seen the bodies we're likely to put them on.

Re: bbkill's Sculpts: Tattoo, Craig, Predator, Gump

Hello guys~~I don't mind either 42mm or 43mm because the difference is so small and somehow that will not be notice case by case, for example a good fit suit vs a loose fit suit or even a different rotation angle for shoulder joint will change the impression. However a scale up from 40 to 42 or 43 does make enough noticeable change there.

However I'm thinking, with consideration to his thin hair and face proportion, maybe the 43mm will bold up to much the facial feature making this face not line up with other figures. So 42 is something we can consider too.

Below is a pic of an old print of craig with neck, the head itself is of about 43mm
size.jpg

And for those pic with the craig and girl together, I put on a paper printed craig of 43mm there.

craig_design.jpg

And for prison guy, I totally agree the head is large among HT...really large and wide, or maybe his elder bro is of even bigger size...This is the guy I mentioned before with a height more than 43.

For the girl, if you do want a bigger option, I will go for a larger option ~Or I will stay with the recent size~

A paper print mock up again, bigger size for both now~:wink1:
20120324_6.jpg

43 looks just right for Craig in the pic directly above. But that's just me!

C'mon, we need a consensus. Sooner you do, sooner we get this bad boy produced.

Will the headsculpt be available to purchase?

Whats the mm(chin to top) on the Lisbeth head if you dont mind me asking?

I just measured the HT Alice head and its 35 from chin to top.
I think thats a good referencer for size, so I would be hoping Lisbeth
is right around that.

Some people think the HT Alice head is a bit on the small
side, but I do not. I think it's more realistic than most.

And if you look at this Craig and Rooney together shot,
you can see a really good profile reference for size differences.

Girl-with-the-Dragon-Tattoo7.jpg

Whats the mm(chin to top) on the Lisbeth head if you dont mind me asking?

I just measured the HT Alice head and its 35 from chin to top.
I think thats a good referencer for size, so I would be hoping Lisbeth
is right around that.

Some people think the HT Alice head is a bit on the small
side, but I do not. I think it's more realistic than most.

And if you look at this Craig and Rooney together shot,
you can see a really good profile reference for size differences.

Ya agree with the size reference there if we do it realistically(approximately still....). For girl right now is about 38. 35 is too small for me like it only fits on obitus. So mine is not that small compare with alice but fit on female body already:)

Back