BBC Sherlock Custom Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BCS coat is better, IMO. The CGL one is nicely tailored, but not as good fitting and doesn't have the shoulder embellishments. Jeans are about the same. Shoes on the CGL are its weakest point. Like I say - that jumper is just freaking stunning. So clever.

On a side, but related, note - the box was very good quality. Not that i particularly care, but it did strike me as a small bonus.

All right, mate :) I keep my eye on the custom threads and don't post much anymore, but seeing as you guys wanna see CGL Watson:

As you can see - compared to BCS Watson, CGL is a lot taller. His jeans and Jacket are just as well made. The shoes are better on BCS. The jumper on the CGL is the best I've ever seen. I have no idea how they got that superb weave. Looks incredible (first and last time I'll be excited about a 1/6 scale jumper!). The headsculpt, although still not like Freeman, is better than BCS's soft piece of crud. The body is sturdy and good, apart from being too tall against the BCS Sherlock.

Overall, great set for the money and I'll use it for parts. Gonna do the same as I did with Sherlock - use BCS parts, custom clothes, and Daco headsculpt (or the Iminime sculpt when I get it painted). I do have a Daco Watson sculpt but it's practically useless because it's so undersized. Might see if it looks good on the Moriarty body.

Thanks. :duff He does look like a step-up from BCS and that coat is really damn nice.

All of Daco’s sculpts are a bit undersized I think.

The BCS coat is better, IMO. The CGL one is nicely tailored, but not as good fitting and doesn't have the shoulder embellishments. Jeans are about the same. Shoes on the CGL are its weakest point. Like I say - that jumper is just freaking stunning. So clever.

On a side, but related, note - the box was very good quality. Not that i particularly care, but it did strike me as a small bonus.

Thanks for the review and pics Anx10us! I’m so excited to see it in hand and it seems the package is going to be here sooner than I thought.
What shoulder embellishments does it not have compared to the BCS?

Thanks for the review and pics Anx10us! I’m so excited to see it in hand and it seems the package is going to be here sooner than I thought.
What shoulder embellishments does it not have compared to the BCS?

Forget what I said - the CGL does have them, just didn't notice at first.

I finally made myself a cast and painted the sculpt up last night. As I was painting, I noticed quite a few things that I want to change with the sculpt.
I've also made a mock up coat, I'm not a tailor and this is my first attempt at a coat, but I think I know what tweaks I need to make to make it look up to par.
Anyway, here's what v.1 looks like for now:
SHERLOCK.jpg

After looking at this thread and rewatching Sherlock, I really wanted to do a custom Sherlock build to add to my collection. So after I found some suitable material to make his coat, it kicked me into overdrive. I purchased a Doctor Strange head sculpt and heavily modified it. I'm not quite happy with the hair and need to detail it more and I may even do a rooted hair version down the road, but this will do for now. I have a CGL Watson coming, so I hope to get Sherlock painted and the coat sewn soon so I can display them together.
Anyway, here's the trial cast of the sculpt:
View attachment 375320

I don't come into this thread much, but if there is an interest thread for this head I would LOVE to have one.

EDIT: Just saw the paintup. Now I want it even more VashDStampede! It looks fantastic!

I don't come into this thread much, but if there is an interest thread for this head I would LOVE to have one.

EDIT: Just saw the paintup. Now I want it even more VashDStampede! It looks fantastic!

Thanks thecapn! I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'll be doing a further resculpt before considering offering this up, but I can offer this version if it takes too long.
By the way, my CGL Watson came in today and I'm very impressed. It looks so much better in person and the likeness is very strong. However, it seems I'm missing one of the top pocket buttons.
I made my own cane in preparation for the figure and it looks pretty good with it. Here it is with my Sherlock build and again, forgive the mock up coat since I still have yet to make the final coat for him.
SHERLOCK-AND-WATSON.jpg

This looks like a definite improvement over the old one and I'm a big fan of Pop Toys tailoring anyway, so will likely get it for parts.

The violin has been hugely improved too.

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

This looks so much better than their first head sculpt! I will probably pick one of these up when it comes out. I wonder if CGL Toys will come out with a “Detective” to go with their Doc. Detective figure? If so, I’ll have another Sherlock to add to my collection.

I received the PopToys Sherlock yesterday and he looks really good. I had to extend the neck and still tweaking that part, but he looks really nice next to the CGL Watson. My box was banged up, so the background was damaged, but it wasn’t accurate anyway.
380C85B1-5377-4D6E-AC3F-DA84A170D751.jpeg

Very nice, just, if I may to say, neck looks much too long now.Shoulder line is so far from face-too low.
Otherwise it's a nice figure.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Back