Statue BB-8 Life Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4k for a giant ball with antennas.... ??? It doesn't even move around.

You could buy a used car with this wtf.

Or at least something more detailed than a ****ing giant ball.

I've always read that you could buy a car for whatever $$$$ in these forums. But I've never found that a good comparison. You 'can' probably buy a car for a few hundred if you had to, but if you're an individual in those financial circumstances this is defiantly a hobby that an individual in those circumstances should avoid with a ten foot pole.

But yes I agree that the pricing of this ball is a bit excessive, but not in the least surprising.

A monthly house mortgage repayment..... or three (or four) would be a closer comparison :gah:

I was more comparing how much more complex a car is than this probably hollow ball that lights up.

I was more comparing how much more complex a car is than this probably hollow ball that lights up.

True.

But then again I wouldn't be surprised if you walk into any Toy section of any store and you'll find pieces just as complex for under $50. Of course this does not include workmanship or 'quality' paint job etc.

True.

But then again I wouldn't be surprised if you walk into any Toy section of any store and you'll find pieces just as complex for under $50. Of course this does not include workmanship or 'quality' paint job etc.

Also keep in mind, that 4K car in 10 years time will be worth $500 bucks. That ball with lights will probably hold its value at 4K.

Also keep in mind, that 4K car in 10 years time will be worth $500 bucks. That ball with lights will probably hold its value at 4K.

agree about the car...and I think you are being sarcastic about this rip off ?

Even though I don't buy second hand cars, I've found from my clients that vehicles kept in good working order don't really drop down in value all that dramatically after it drops down below $5K AUD. I've had some clients even make money it's ridiculous sometimes.

True.

We talking about side show here lol!! Their paint jobs are a joke now and I bet this is hallow! So, that was a funny comment I thought. Prime one okay but not ss these days! They suck ass!

We talking about side show here lol!! Their paint jobs are a joke now and I bet this is hallow! So, that was a funny comment I thought. Prime one okay but not ss these days! They suck ass!

I just didn't want to bring that particular issue up. Or cause a fuss about it, because we all know about it, whether we like talking about it or not.

And a lot of individuals would defend their paint apps. Imo the new Wolverine didn't have an issues, however the K-2SO could've been better in a couple of places.

I am shocked they could even sell one of these.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that ordered one. i really like the weathering on this, it matches R2 perfectly. They'll look great side by side.

Now we just need a C-3PO, and my droid collection will be complete.....

At $3,950 USD. I'm sure there are at least a few of the life size collectors who would've purchased this.

Is your comment about the price or potential quality, or both?

strictly price. I got an almost lifesize version that moves just like in the movie for less than $200.

I am not sure if i should pull the trigger:gah: would be my first life size and i really like the paintjob on this!

strictly price. I got an almost lifesize version that moves just like in the movie for less than $200.

Unfortunately that’s the age old argument. Should we just buy the toy version of collectibles which are vastly cheaper in price, or get the so called Collectibles/replicas?

If you ask anyone outside this hobby, they’ll nearly always tell you to buy the cheaper toy versions because they can barely tell the difference between what we buy and what’s on a toy shelf.

So at the end of the day, buy what makes you happy. To some spending $4K on an item isn’t too much either because they’re more cash rich, or they might only purchase one or two items per year, in comparison to some of us who buy an item or two a month etc.

I am not sure if i should pull the trigger:gah: would be my first life size and i really like the paintjob on this!

Once you start going down the life size road, there's no going back. My first one was Yoda, price wasn't too bad with payment plans.
Then R2 came out, that has been my grail since I was a boy. From here, I've told myself just droids and nothing else. So I've got K2 for Christmas, and BB-8 on order. The only other one I want is C-3PO then I'm done.
They are epic though, definitely the stand outs in my collection. I'm grateful Sideshow make them and give us a chance to own such iconic characters. As for quality, yea there worth it for me.

Just had notification that BB-8 will be charged on the 26th so hopefully have him by the end of the month.

Back