Battlestar Galactica - anyone up for a Baltar head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Gate is something that shold have been picked up a long time ago. Now it seems kind of pointless. Battlestar on the other hand is in its 3rd season seems like the right time.

Serpentor said:
Star Gate is something that shold have been picked up a long time ago. Now it seems kind of pointless

true, I would have been all over a stargate 12" line. one of my favorite shows, too bad it's ending....

Stargate might be cancelled (2 more episodes here in the UK, how depressing), but there is 2 straight-to-DVD movies coming out later this year. If they do really well, there might be more.

First off, sign me up for a Baltar/ Six head set and my vote is for the versatile scruffy Balter. that way you could sand him and you have I-didn't-do-it Baltar or spray him with some flocking and you have spider-hole Baltar.

as for pics of Majestic's Apollo here you go

and finally, a word about the Viper Pilot jumpsuit materials. this has been a tale of mysteries and woe for costumers and production staff alike. the green/gold fabric (oddly called Gold/ Silver with Green/ Purple) used in the suits, the silver cuff material and the golden back 'scales' were/are made by Sommers and was used by the production crew in the mini-series. it wasn't till the actually series started did people start getting serious about finding/getting this fabric. once identified, a handful of people from a costuming board I frequent ordered 5-10 yard directly from Sommers and started work on their jumpsuits. when pictures of their jumpsuits and how great the fabric looked started circulating, everyone wanted in. it was at that moment Sommers decided to stop making it. oddly even the cast knew of the rarity of the fabric. when a fan approached Chief (*sigh*) and Helo (*le double sigh*) at a con with samples of the fabrics to see if they could confirm if they were the kind used on the show, the boys said something to the effect, "yes that's it. how did you get a hold of that? they don't make it any more.".

the option arose on the board to order a special run of the fabric(minimum 180 yards). since a jumpsuit takes about 5 yards, that became the minimum order for the group buy. at $31 a yard was pricey but do-able for a person sized jumpsuit. unfortunately, it was too pricey for me. with the fabric 56" wide, a single yard would have been more then enough for all my 1/6 scale needs. I couldn't justify spending $150 for 4 yards for fabric I wasn't going to need so I hit upon a plan. I offered to buy people's fabric scraps for $4.50 a square foot. I thought this was a brilliant plan but I only got one offer and it was much more of a trade (I make a 1/6 jumpsuit in exchange for 2x the fabric it takes to make it). a second group buy started almost as soon as the first special order arrived. I finally broke down and decided to get in the second group buy to guarantee to have fabric enough for future projects. the going was slower but creeped steadily to the 180 yard minimum till yet more bad news was rained down.

the $31 a yard price was one time/first time buyer special. the new price for the second group buy would be $42 + a $2 cutting fee per yard+ shipping from China. a lot of people dropped out but the minimum was reached once again. then a twist. 2 days before all money and such had to be in, there was brief message from the person in charge of the group buy saying they may have found an alterative source for the material and the order would be on hold. that was 5 weeks ago. as is we are waiting with baited breath for any new info.

^^thanks for the link to the pics. man, i remember the sculpt being bad, but not that bad. and for some reason i thought the suit looked better as well. oh well, i wish i could get my hands on one to take the gun, holster, helmet, shoes and etc. to make a custom kit bash. all that would be needed is a really nice head sculpt of Jaimie Bamber.

I KNOW!! as soon as I saw it, I started a mental list of things I could salvage( helmet, shoes, gun..) and what was a complete wash (head sculpt, jumpsuit) and weather it was worth the price. I'm going to post a link to this thread on the Sewingfordolls group incase there are any BSG fans there. But I tell you when they start putting together a list for Six, I think the MWD guy will want to hear about ;)

koipond said:
I KNOW!! as soon as I saw it, I started a mental list of things I could salvage( helmet, shoes, gun..) and what was a complete wash (head sculpt, jumpsuit) and weather it was worth the price. I'm going to post a link to this thread on the Sewingfordolls group incase there are any BSG fans there. But I tell you when they start putting together a list for Six, I think the MWD guy will want to hear about ;)

Thanks KP! Our new number 10! I really appreciate the extra help.... I've been racking my brain for the past few months on these and finally came up with the idea to start a commission. Six will be the biggest challenge, finding a great body (crossing my fingers that Triad comes through soon), and finding a way to replicate one of her stunning dresses... Going to be hard.

Baltar won't be as hard, thankfully... Many simple ways to make him work. Suit, lab coat, whatever. :D

As long as the madness is in his eyes, I'll be happy. :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
and finding a way to replicate one of her stunning dresses... Going to be hard.

going for this dress?

BG_Six_red.jpg

can't see her in anything else.

DarkArtist81 said:
Six will be the biggest challenge, finding a great body (crossing my fingers that Triad comes through soon), and finding a way to replicate one of her stunning dresses... Going to be hard.

S'yeah, that's what she said!

I'd love to buy one. Won't have the money for it though. :lol
I wish some 1/6 company would pick up this license!

see and i LOVE her in her white Opera Dress
BSG_1x13_KLG2_174.jpg

but most of all her Peek-a-Boo Channel Suit
219.jpg

it's classy, sexy and prefect for snapping the necks of tiny babies in.

Jediguy said:
ok so now we need a tailor who might be willing to help us sew the dressed for those of us who aren gd at it. i honestly wud love the red dress
we had this dress made for a 16" tonner custom Padme.....this lady advise on or sews all my custom stuff..
PICT0007.jpg
[/IMG]

Back