Battle front 2 Iden Versio Inferno Squad speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Battle front 2 Iden Versio Inferno Squad

They did? What's with Disney and this compulsion to push Females to the front of all Star Wars properties?

I think it’s awesome to finally see more dynamic representation on screen. Star Wars is for everyone.

They did? What's with Disney and this compulsion to push Females to the front of all Star Wars properties?
Well, she's been in all the promotional materials and there's a book about her and her squad that you're supposed to read before the game. I assume you can thank Kathleen Kennedy for the strong feminist push. I like girl heroes, but I agree, every story doesn't need one to be the center piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

EX version comes with this:

the_shiva_trophycopy.png

Well, she's been in all the promotional materials and there's a book about her and her squad that you're supposed to read before the game. I assume you can thank Kathleen Kennedy for the strong feminist push. I like girl heroes, but I agree, every story doesn't need one to be the center piece.

Films with a lead male protagonist: 6
Films with a lead female protagonist: 2

I’m sure the stats for video games screw even more towards male protagonists.

You can complain when the ratio is 50:50, but we aren’t even close to that, not by a long shot.

You can complain when the ratio is 50:50, but we aren’t even close to that, not by a long shot.
I'm not complaining about it really, I enjoy seeing strong female leads in film. I have a detolf full of just female hero figures. I just don't want to feel like they are forcing an idea on the audience. They need to worry about writing better stories and making good films first. But that's a whole other problem.

Well said Mara! I enjoyed TFA & Rogue one just fine with the female leads. Looking forward to playing Iden in Battle Front next week! I love how the game is working the way Rogue One did, set in the OT era of events we know occurred.

[...]I like girl heroes, but I agree, every story doesn't need one to be the center piece.

That's why it's a non-issue for me. Most stories of our era don't have girl heroes. Even if they do female heroes for a year straight across all media, it won't catch up to males.

I just don't want to feel like they are forcing an idea on the audience.[...]

Not sure personally, how to draw the line between "forcing" and addressing an imbalance...but my main concern for any film or game...

They need to worry about writing better stories and making good films first. But that's a whole other problem.

....is exactly that whole other problem. I don't think having male or female protagonists are going to affect things like narrative structure, dialogue, plotting and character development -- those are foundational aspects to a good story.

I just don't like the fact that Versio sounds so similar to Erso. At least make the name different enough that I don't immediately think of Jyn.

Thread title made me think I missed an announcement. I'm sure we'll get an Inferno Squad figure since HT has done a Battlefront figure before but whether its Iden or not is the question.

Thread title made me think I missed an announcement. I'm sure we'll get an Inferno Squad figure since HT has done a Battlefront figure before but whether its Iden or not is the question.

Sorry for the confusion in the title. I made sure it didn’t reference Hot Toys or Sideshow.

I initially got so excited when I saw this thread because I also thought they announced this figure. I really hope they do end up making her, and a Magma Trooper too!

Considering there were other HT figures released under the first Battlefront game, I'm sure we'll see an Inferno Squad trooper. Not sure if they would go to the extent of making a head sculpt, however who knows....

Sorry for the confusion in the title. I made sure it didn’t reference Hot Toys or Sideshow.

You bring up an interesting point in here, Sideshow whom have done both the OT TIE Fighter and the Rogue One TIE Fighter seems like a natural fit to do one from Battlefront II, it's honestly just a redeco at that point but they haven't announced it which is confusing. You'd think they'd leap on this. I was fully expecting it from HT but honestly it'd make MORE sense for SSC to do one.

I wouldn’t be surprised if HT showcased an Iden with magnetic little droid sidekick that fits on her back, complete with headsculpt. That’s wishful thinking but if they do it, I’d imagine it would at least have that.

I agree with them doing this and the ID-10 droid. Not sure about the head sculpt since she isn't a "movie character" and the resources to create a sculpt for a game character might not fit into their possible sales forecasts - them not knowing how she would sell. I myself would want an Iden sculpt but if not oh well. Also this could be HT's beginning of taking on the ANH TIE Pilot & AT-AT Driver down the road.

If HT does Iden they'll do Jaina's headsculpt too, she's been all over the promotional not to mention having her in-character at different things that it'd just be a natural progression for them to include her. If SSC does one it'll be a generic Inferno Squad trooper with no HS.

After playing the campaign, I can say I would definitely buy an Iden figure. There's not a lot of depth to the story, but it was still enjoyable to play. And there's an expansion to look forward to next month.

After playing the campaign, I can say I would definitely buy an Iden figure. There's not a lot of depth to the story, but it was still enjoyable to play. And there's an expansion to look forward to next month.

By expansion you mean an actual conclusion to the story?? Extremely frustrating that they left it open like that at the end for the sole purpose of having DLC levels after release. Even if they are free to download.

Back