Batteries

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanolliCrusader

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is possibly a stupid question, but whatever. Is it safe to leave batteries in a piece for an extended period of time without use? Could this possibly do any harm?:dunno

i've noticed that depending where the batteries are and depending on the humidity in the room..somtimes the batteries corrode over time and leave that green corosion crap

SO i don't think it's a good idea to leave them in for very long

This is possibly a stupid question, but whatever. Is it safe to leave batteries in a piece for an extended period of time without use? Could this possibly do any harm?:dunno

It mostly depends on the type/brand of batteries you use, how long you leave it in, and the environment/humidity.

I left 2x of em Duracell 1.5 volts alkaline battery in my Pokemon's Psyduck for well over 2 yrs. And I have no leakage or any sign of deterioration. I might turn it on for a few sec every 6 months or so. Watch batteries are the same I think.
But I wouldn't trust those cheap unknown brand that you get for the remote control when you buy a brand new TV or electronics. Most of em tend to leak on me and mostly destroy the metal connectivity to the battery. I wouldn't use those for more than 3 months since some might be made months before packaging. I mostly use Duracell and sometimes Energizer. They never fail on me from just about all sizes.
Environment/humidity are usually not a factor as its in an enclosed area most of the time. But some people do use them in extreme environment.

I wouldnt recommend it. I pull all of the batteries out of my hot toys as about half showed signs of corosion and the start of it. The worst were dallas and kane which had already gotten to the stage where the green crap was starting to build up on the batterys and the terminals.

I've taken all the batteries out of my collectibles and only put them in if someone requests to see the item lit up.

On some collectibles it's easier to add/remove batteries, but one others is not. I think it's best to use Duracell and Energizer and check them from time to time.

Back